• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace / substitute picture on timeline

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think this is a simple task, but I'm not finding how to replace an existing picture with a different one on the timeline. I've finished adding transitions and music, so I'd like to keep all that in place. Is there a way to simply replace an existing picture for a different one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

I haven't tried it in Premiere Elements, but do you have an option to replace it if you right click it on the timeine?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Yep, sure enough. I found it. Open Project Assets and select the new/replacement picture. Right-click on the picture to be replaced on the timeline. Select Clip > Replace Clip From Project Assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way is to delete it and replace it, then replace the transitions.

You might be able to "trick" it by changing the name of the image file in the operating system, but I've never tried it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it in Premiere Elements, but do you have an option to replace it if you right click it on the timeine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, sure enough. I found it. Open Project Assets and select the new/replacement picture. Right-click on the picture to be replaced on the timeline. Select Clip > Replace Clip From Project Assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This definitely is not working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is Open Project Assets under in Ps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and Photoshop Elements do not have project assets panels, marco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find the replace clip option, but I was able to follow the same steps I would in After Effects and it worked for Premiere Pro too, i.e. click on the old clip in the timeline, then press alt while clicking on the new clip in the project panel and drag it on top to replace. All the other settings, including effects, stayed the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines