Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8 course, loaded onto a FTP, won't play in any browser

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I published a course using Captivate 8. It runs fine locally, but when I load it onto our customer's site - nothing. Just a white screen and a spinning wheel. Doesn't matter which browser I use. I tried publishing to just Flash, just HTML, and both. Has anyone else had this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which file do you launch? DId you perhaps set up Reporting, in which case you need to use a LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. No, I disabled the reporting. I'm trying to test on SCORM Cloud to see if maybe it's just a web issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which file did you use to launch the course? I have several published courses embedded in my blog posts (I use an iFrame) or uploaded to my domain. Here is one example, I post the complete link to show you how to reference such an uploaded file:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/TimelineBlog/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again. I use the index file. When I clicked your link, there's a brief flash of a white screen with a spinning wheel before the course loads. That's what I'm getting, only the course never loads. Maybe I should make an adjustment to the preloader percentage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no AutoPlay anymore. Preloader is for SWF only, has no effect on HTML output. This is NOT a SCO, is not uploaded to a LMS but to a normal webserver, your next comment is not correct unless you have indeed set up reporting and creates a SCO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested it on SCORM Cloud as a SCO and it works (sort of, doesn't really work in Chrome).

However, when I disable the reporting and publish to web, I cannot get it to work unless I run it locally from my desktop. I shared a link with you via private message to show you the issue I'm having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, apparently it will work when published to a LMS. For whatever reason, the web-only version won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a SCO, it cannot run on a simple webserver, thought I had clarified this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not a SCO. I have published multiple versions of this course in an effort to get it to work correctly.

A non-SCO version will NOT work in any browser, unless it is run locally.

A SCO version WILL work in a LMS, unless it’s run in Chrome.

How do I share a version of the course for testing if I don’t have access to the customer’s LMS and I can’t get it to work from my server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have CP8 anymore (was pretty buggy, hope you have the most recent version), cannot test.

As for Chrome: they disabled AutoPlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources