• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Danger Lines - Clips Shorter After Update

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this last update, when I open a project created in August I have "danger lines" on all of the clips in a timeline. For example at the end of an interview that is 30:41:17 I have 00:46:05 of black video and danger lines. On another interview that was cut to exclude the interviewers questions, all of those cuts are now in the wrong place. It's like the timecode of every clip is now incorrect.

I have no idea how to fix this. This is a huge issue. This project was a 14 day shoot and I'm dealing with 14TB's of media and now I'm at a complete standstill.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can happen if you have multiple files with sharing the same filename, such as 00001.MTS, C0001.MP4, etc, etc.

On opening the project you probably got promted to find files and then by mistake linked 00001.MTS to the wrong 00001.MTS and then Premiere Pro auto-relinked the rest of the files but linked the wrong files to the right clip.

I have done it by mistake as well and the easiest way to solve it is to open the orignal project in CC 2019 again and this time link up the files very carefully. In the Locate dialog, take a look at the Last Path for a clue of where the original file was located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this isn't the problem. All of the media in the project was given a unique name right when it came off the card. In this case it's the correct file, but the timecode is incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera/cameras did you use and what mode was it set to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We shot on a plethora of cameras but it seems to only affect FS7 and FS5 media. It doesn't seem like frame rate or resolution makes a difference as it affects clips that are 1080p24, 1080p60 and 4k24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera codec won't matter in this instance but the framerate will.

As an example should your sequence frame rate be 30fps and the footage was shot at 24fps it will cause this issue of shortened clips or speed changes on the timeline.

I have a few questions:

1. What is the sequence frame rate

2. What is the footage frame rate

3. If there are differences have you conformed the footage to match

Just trying to understand your workflow and what the issue could be

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequence is 23.976. This is affecting clips that are 23.976 as well as 59.94.

It's important to note that this was not an issue before the update to PPro 13.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This project was a 14 day shoot and I'm dealing with 14TB's of media and now I'm at a complete standstill"

You should know better than to update anything while on a mission critical project

My best advice is this:

Uninstall CC2019 with the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool

Make sure you allow the tool to remove preferences as well

Role back to CC2018 and finish the edit.

Once done and dusted and when the field are safely archived install CC2019 and see what happens.

I do not want to troubleshoot software in the middle of a serious edit. Too much can go wrong.

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequence is 23.976. This is affecting clips that are 23.976 as well as 59.94.

If you right click on a clip that you know is "wrong" in the Project panel and choose Modify > Interpret Footage, do the files show the expected frame rate or has it changed?

As a last resort, either strat a new project in CC 2019 and import the old project instead of just open it, or finish the project in the version of Premiere Pro that started it. Upgrading complex projects often leads to issues and should be avoided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"As a last resort, either strat a new project in CC 2019 and import the old project instead of just open it, or finish the project in the version of Premiere Pro that started it"

Agreed 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the files show the expected frame rate, nothing has changed there.

We are several weeks into a 6 month edit. Are you suggesting that for the next 6 months we should work out of CC2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are several weeks into a 6 month edit. Are you suggesting that for the next 6 months we should work out of CC2018?

Yes, without a doubt. Stay with CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"We are several weeks into a 6 month edit. Are you suggesting that for the next 6 months we should work out of CC2018?"

YES. YES and YES again.

Never ever change software midstream. Thats a golden rule.

May I ask why it is so important to update to CC2019?

Are there any major update features you will need tat 2018 doesn't have.

Beside the updated Lumetri functionality I can't think of any that AE can't handle for you outside of PP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are danger lines. Can u post pic please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume those:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, that is what I'm talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End of footage lines. Check your frame rate of the sequence compared to the frame rate of the raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines