Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Terror of Undermountain?

Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm a bit confused about this because it's a bit unclear. On the website it says you download the monster parts if you have trouble getting started. Although when I read about it elsewhere it seems to imply that you're supposed to use them. Does anyone know if the monster parts are optional or not?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just provide user support for Photoshop and are not part of the contest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through the Official Rules via the link on the website

https://www.summontheterror.com/pages/index.php#

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like this one

RELEASE AND GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering the Contest, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that: (a) Sponsor is granting entrants a limited, non-exclusive license to use the Sponsor Files solely in connection with, and solely as a part of, the Contest, (b) Entrants shall have no right, title or interest in the Sponsor Files, and (c) any use of the Sponsor Files other than as permitted by these Official Rules may infringe upon Sponsor's intellectual property rights. The results and proceeds of each Entrant's editing activities and other interaction with the Sponsor Files, including, without limitation, the Entry, shall be a “work made for hire” for Sponsor, and Sponsor will be considered the author and sole and exclusive owner of such activities and all intellectual property rights therein. If and to the extent that the activities and the Entries do not, in whole or in part, qualify as “works made for hire", for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and legal sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, each Entrant into the Contest hereby irrevocably grants Sponsor, its successors and assigns, a non-exclusive license (but not the obligation) to reproduce, exploit and otherwise use the Entry throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to advertising, marketing, publicity, promotion and exploitation of the Sponsor, without further notice to, consent by, or payment to Entrant. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, Sponsor shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Entry for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each Entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Sponsor shall have the right to freely assign its rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any person or entity. Sponsor shall retain the rights granted in each Entry even if the Entry is disqualified. You also hereby grant to Sponsor an unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicensable and transferable right to use your name, nickname and biographical information (collectively “Personal Content”), in composite or distorted form or as otherwise incorporated into other creative works of authorship, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of an Entry constitutes your agreement that Sponsor may display the Entry online for public viewing (whether on Sponsor’s web pages, applications or on third party web pages or applications), to incorporate the Entry in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute the Entry in all media whether now known or later developed. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charles Dana Gibson was an early 20th century American illustrator and one of the most highly paid in the industry. In the mail he received an offer from an Automobile maker that they were having a contest...every entrant was to submit an illustration. They would offer a prize to the best one, and all entries would be the property of the Auto company.

Charles Gibson penned his reply: "I too am running a contest. To enter, every Automobile company sends me their best car. I will give the winner a prize, and all the other cars will be my property."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read through the basic and fine print. It's still not clear that you have to use the assets provided. Does anyone have an update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had to use the assets provided, it would be very clearly explained that way. My reading of the website is that those body parts are offered as an optional starting point if you're stuck on where  to start.

Nevertheless, hasn't the contest now closed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John. I submitted already but didn't use any of the parts. So I'm wondering what happens now. I interpreted "use as many as you like" to mean you could use none.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I interpreted "use as many as you like" to mean you could use none.

So did I. There's nothing in the rules which tells me use of at least one is mandatory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got this message through Photoshop/Facebook: "In order to be eligible to win, you should use some of the monster parts, but as you said the final monster does not need to look anything like the downloadable assets and should express your own creativity! If you are determined to be a potential winner, we'll ask for your .psd file which will show the judges if the monster assets have been used."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

«I'm a bit confused about this because it's a bit unclear.»

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got this response through facebook: "The monster assets need to be used in the final creation in order for you to qualify for the contest. If you did not use any of them, you won't be eligible."

I wish the rules had been this clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would challenge that. The Rules are silent on that point.

Since when did a Facebook post trump the official rules of a contest? Sounds like someone's putting their own interpretation on the rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines