• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

These "plans" seem very restrictive. Why can I not just add one app to my existing plan?

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that I have the Photography plan and am content with it; however, for my job I need to install InDesign and Illustrator. Adobe does not seem to support this as a possibility. Is there no way that I can simply add InDesign to the apps I already have? Or do I seriously have to pay *considerable* more money per month to change my plan to "All Apps" -- when I only need about three or four (Lightroom, Photoshop, InDesign, and possibly Illustrator). Why is there no "design your own" plan, say 3 for $20, 5 for $30, etc.?

I must have a plan that's been grandfathered in -- my Photography plan is $10/month, with 20 GB of storage. My boyfriend says that's a rip-off (current plans apparently have a terabyte of storage?), but I'm afraid that if I cancel my current bundle and purchase a new one, it will affect my Lightroom files in some way. Would my files be compromised somehow if I were to do so? Or would they be secure as I purchase a new plan?

Any insight/advice is must appreciated. Thank you for your help, in advance! 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add single apps for $20.99 (US) here:

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The $9.99 plan is still available for Photography and includes 20 GB. The 1 TB plan is $14.99/mo. You could upgrade if you want. Talk to a customer rep if interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could add single products to the plan for $20. So Photoshop + 1 other for $30. Photoshop + 2 at $50 matches the all apps. The $10 Photography plan is an extraordinary bargain, because there are a lot of photographers in the market.

You may be assuming that all apps users use all apps. In fact most users use 3 apps at most in regular use, and the others are occasional bonuses. So your Photoshop + Illustrator + InDesign wish is a typical use, for the $50 program. You'll probably find you want Acrobat now and again (e.g. for PDF preflighting or output preview), included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annalisa1208108  wrote

I must have a plan that's been grandfathered in -- my Photography plan is $10/month, with 20 GB of storage. My boyfriend says that's a rip-off (current plans apparently have a terabyte of storage?), but I'm afraid that if I cancel my current bundle and purchase a new one, it will affect my Lightroom files in some way. Would my files be compromised somehow if I were to do so? Or would they be secure as I purchase a new plan?

Your boyfriend is wrong. He's talking of a different plan. I have to admit, that the photography/Lightroom plans are a little bit confusing. Look here what you get with the different plans: Compare plans | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

Lightroom CC, however, can not usefully be used with 20gb of cloud space. If you are used to Lightroom Classic CC, as I am, you do not need to change, except if you are permanently on the road and have good internet access where you go.

The Photography plan was specifically introduced to allow small photography businesses or hobbyists to use the professional services of Lightroom together with Photoshop. It's really a bargain.

All other options are higher priced (including the standalone Photoshop version). If you need more than 2 programs, you are better of with the All Apps solution. This is a commercial decision of Adobe.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be worse. I had the "Creative Suite Design and Web Premium" which cost over a thousand dollars for the whole thing, and then you couldn't update just one app in it, you had to update the entire suite, for hundreds more dollars. And if you fell too far behind the upgrade cycle, you had to buy a whole new version, again for over a thousand dollars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the time you piecemeal more than 2 apps with the photography plan, you're better off with the Full suite. You'd be getting everything for the same price or less.

If you are looking for InDesign and the Photo plan, stick with ad hoc pieces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines