• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Issues after W10 Update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the following issues after the latest w10 update which I did not have before. I'm using Adobe Acrobat X Pro.

1. When I'm in Microsoft Word and save-or-print a document as pdf, it automatically creates the pdf in reverse order (not mirrored mode). Ex. in a 100 page document, it will print page 100 first, then work backwards until page 1. I've tried changing every available property, even ones I don't understand their purpose, to no effect. There is absolutely nothing in the settings to reverse the order for MS Word, nothing in Adobe PDF Printer Properties, nothing in Printer Properties/Layout/Advanced. This is a very serious problem, as I used these features professionally! Once more, I tried saving using Microsoft Word's built in pdf creator, and using Adobe Acrobat X's pdf creator, and printing to a pdf using Adobe Acrobat and got the same result from all three. If I print any document on a regular printer, it prints in has the option in the printer properties to reverse the order and I can print in any order, but not with adobe acrobat.

2. After the update, not only does Acrobat print in reverse, but it messes up all the artifacts in the document in the "saved" version. Ex. imported columns will have sections blanked out, pictures will be distorted and their color schematic broken, like RGB instead of VGA or HD. If I print it as a pdf, it does not have these issues, only when "saved" as a pdf. I have micros written to save my documents as pdf after a certain amount of time, so this is also a very serious problem for me!

3. When saving/printing with Microsoft Excel and printing from different worksheets, Acrobat now asks to save each worksheet as a separate pdf. If I select the same pdf file, it overwrite it and only the very last page of the document is saved! Acrobat used to save the entire worksheet as one document! Now, I have to take my 20+ page document, print to 20 different pages, and combine them one at a time! I'm not sure if you're aware of these issues, but they are pretty major and detrimental to professionals! Any idea on how to fix them now, or when a patch will be released addressing these issues?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

I fixed it. There was an option before saving the file under PDF Options that said, "[] ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)". It was never ticked before, and I thought that I had unticked it when testing everything, but apparently not. Be aware with the Windows 10 update, your saved options may get changed or deleted!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After restarting my computer, the pdf "save" is now saving the pages of my documents in the correct order, however... the pictures are not rendering correctly anymore (background which was translucent now shows up as white and blocks text), and it seems the print to pdf has been broken completely, as all I get is errors now when I attempt this, and looking at the Adobe PDF print queue, each attempt is a different size, which is impossible because they're all the same file, all six attempts. I suppose the windows 10 updated messed with how pdf's save in MS Word and Excel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it. There was an option before saving the file under PDF Options that said, "[] ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)". It was never ticked before, and I thought that I had unticked it when testing everything, but apparently not. Be aware with the Windows 10 update, your saved options may get changed or deleted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where do I find "PDF options"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines