• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019, changed keyboard shortcuts?

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop user here since v.2.5 (yes, you read that right 🙂

Just updated to CC 2019 and I'm confused whether it's my computer, or whether the default shortcuts have been changed.

I normally use Command + T to transform a selection.  Before 2019, the transform selection would stretch it only in the direction I pull.  In 2019, it seems to scale it proportionally.  Not sure why this was changed, but since this function isn't tied to any shortcuts, I was wondering how to revert back?  Before, I'd hold down the SHIFT key if I wanted the transform to be proportionally locked.

Just hoping for some hints as this change is driving me crazy and slowing down my workflow.

A million thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

There must be several dozen threads on this, with complaints, and a fix if you want to return to the old method. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be several dozen threads on this, with complaints, and a fix if you want to return to the old method. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, my apologies then.  As long as the staff at Adobe is aware then 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. i have been looking for the fix. i am only able to find complaints. you should add the fix to the help page. it has nothing about reverting. please link me a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use the old transform modifier keys, use the current version of Photoshop and in Preferences > General check "Use Legacy Free Transform"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines