Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render Stuck, Footage Not Being Called to Render

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am working off of a Windows PC, 64GB RAM, Ryzen 16 Core, x399 ROG Mobo, attached via 10Gb Lan to a NAS with 8 x 2tb Samsung SSD's in Raid 10.

Bench mark tests confirm a 9.5Gb throughput to all editing bays, the only bottleneck is our NVME Drive which slows data transfers down to about 444MB/s or 3.5Gb/s

Currently I am trying to render a short film and the progress bar doesn't move at all. The received packages from the network remain in the kilobytes but then for a half second, transfer rates go up to 2Gb/s, CPU usage goes to 40%, render time goes down by 90%, and then it falls back down. I'm looking at my NAS and it flashes when data is being sent out and it only flashes for the brief half second moments minutes apart. Not experiencing this issue on the other editing bays and haven't experienced this until now on the current machine. This render should take less than 3 minutes and with Resolve it's a dream come true; 100% CPU usage and consistent 2.1Gb/s from the NAS. Not sure what is causing this trickling of data with Premiere.

In the time is took me to write this, data has trickled through twice more. Each half second increasing the progress bar by 10%.

In my opinion Premiere is for some reason not requesting the data. It gets to 1% (the request), the data flows in (the response), then it jumps to 40-50%(Processing), and then falls back down (sadness).

1.PNGCapture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?