• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Shear dialog tool freezes, cant close it down.

Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have the problem with The Shear tool dialog. It freezes when in operation. I cant cancel it or close it down. Have a look at the screenshot here to see how it looks. You see the progress bar there? When I click on the Cancel button nothing happens. Need to shut down the Photoshop by force quitting it. Tried to use the tool multiple times, always the same problem. Now I have chatted with Adobe customer care, and they have told me that there is the compatibility issue with the graphics card and I may need to upgrade the graphics card.

Is this correct assessment? Or is there a way to fix this without upgrading the graphics card? I have Macbook Pro late 2103 running on High Sierra. Photoshop is the very latest version 2019CC.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 20.24.45.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dragantomas,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop freezing, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sahil,

Just gave it a try again today for the first time in photoshop with "Use Graphic Processor" as enabled, and now its working for some reason. I thought let me try it once again before I go ahead with your advice and deselect it, but its working now.

I'll continue now as it is, if something goes bust I'll be back here reporting.

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Regards,

Dragan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines