• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am a newbee and hope someone can help me. Have been using Photoshop for six months with no real problems. My workflow is Bridge -Camera Raw-Photoshop...Simple, after a recent update I view photos in Bridge. select, go to Camera raw Basic adjustments..( Camera Raw is set up for Smart Object ) I click on open object to go to Photoshop, but when it opens all actions are greyed out in the Layer and Image drop downs, so I can't flatten image, duplicate image or open smart object via copy. I have checked settings nothing seems out of order. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance. Barry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Yes, you can revert to an earlier version. In Adobe Creative Cloud app (where you see your installed apps) In the Photoshop line, click on the down facing chevron, then click "manage" and choose "earlier versions" and pick the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show some screen shots of what you're seeing: full screen, file open, and menus that are grayed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck thanks not sure how I am supposed to reply through forum or email.

Regards Barry Jones

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the forum. Do a screen shot and just paste it into your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as this issue.

As mentioned by Jeff Arola, starting PS first is the work around.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks again. Can the last update be deleted ?? I have only had this problem since an update a few days ago …..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can revert to an earlier version. In Adobe Creative Cloud app (where you see your installed apps) In the Photoshop line, click on the down facing chevron, then click "manage" and choose "earlier versions" and pick the one you want.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks KR, it all seems to be working the way it was before the update. .Thanks to all Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this only happens with images that are opened as Smart Objects? Regular files open okay? The you tried to reset your preferences in both Photoshop and Camera Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to double-click on the Smart Object and have the file re-open in Adobe Camera Raw?  What happens when you right-click on the Smart Object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help so far. Joseph, No double click won't work. This morning I went through original workflow Br, -Camera raw- Ps. when image opened up in Ps layer drop was fine it was highlighted, but then greyed out. Tools still work but can't flatten, duplicate anything. Now, I have found that, if I just open Ps, open new, choose image ( although it dose not seem to read Raw Files) it opens image in Camera Raw and when you go to photo shop everything works ?? so wash up, is I can get it to work but have to take long way around because I have to write down file number, because I can't see the raw image in Ps open new. Regards Barry

P.S Chuck, I have Camera Raw set to open as smart object. I must say ever thing has worked fine up until a few days ago when I believe there were updates to  Br, and Ps not sure if there was one for Camera Raw. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems very similar to problems some users have reported when opening images from Lightroom into photoshop.

Just started with the last photoshop 20.01 update for them. Adobe is still investigating the cause.

What happens if you start photoshop before using Bridge/Camera Raw and Open Object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, yes if I go straight to Ps and open an image it opens it in Camera Raw and then I go to Ps all the drop downs are working. But have just tried to edit a photo using smart object via copy to darken some rocks and when using brush tool it seemed to blur rocks. But yes it has only happened in last few days since an update. Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines