• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (and McAfee)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's with the "Non-declinable" and "Unsolicited" requirement to install McAfee products when updating Adobe Acrobat Reader DC? There appears to be no option to decline this ad-on. I have tried to get a response from Adobe but was simply directed to this forum. I know if I allow the McAfee installation I can uninstall it but I shouldn't have to do this in the first place. Anyone have a comment?

[Title edited for clarity by moderator. Added “ (and McAfee)“.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

When I went to http://get.adobe.com/reader I got this:

So this offers McAfee as an option. Rather to my surprise, the option is off (I've always had to turn it off before).

Did you see the same?

Was it on or off when you clicked Install Now?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you "updating"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. Rather than updating through my anti virus software (Kaspersky) that prompted me about the update, I went to the Adobe website and did the download from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I went to http://get.adobe.com/reader I got this:

So this offers McAfee as an option. Rather to my surprise, the option is off (I've always had to turn it off before).

Did you see the same?

Was it on or off when you clicked Install Now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the correct answer from my post since I was just asking a question. So yes, please answer Test Screen Names question. If you do not see that option or you get a pre-selected box to download, can you possibly get a screenshot for us? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to that site and got the same as you. The boxes were unchecked and yes they're usually pre-checked. Strangely that option wasn't shown when I originally did the download or I totally missed it, which is hard to believe as I've been downloading updates since the invention of the wheel and have never had this issue before. I have since done the installation without the McAfee add-on. Thank you for your time and assistance and thanks as well to ~graffiti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go to get.adobe.com/Reader/enterprise you will not receive the offer for those downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines