• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to buy but have questions

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a new desktop computer about 5 years ago and it had Photoshop 10 already installed and working and still is.  Is it possible to use that license to install it also on my laptop? If so, How would I go about this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can with the key for PSE10, if you have only ever installed on one computer. You are permitted two activations.

Or you could get the latest version PSE 2019 at the upgrade price if you still have the original serial number. But be aware that black Friday discounts towards the end of November often mean the full version becomes cheaper than an upgrade for a limited period; especially at on line stores.

In fact you could download PSE 2019 right away and use it as a free trial. If it runs ok on your laptop there would be no need to un-install. Simply activate with the serial number from disk or keycard, after purchase.

Go to the bottom of this page to download:

https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would I find the KEY that you mentioned in your reply for PSE 10?

Remember, this PSE came pre-installed on the computer when I purchased it.

Thank you for responding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you originally registered your product the serial number will be stored in your Adobe Account.

Sign in with your Adobe ID (email address & password) and choose the tab “Plans & Products”

Then view your products. Every registered application should be shown with serial numbers.

To see a list of your registered products and their serial numbers, go to My Account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I did not register my PSE product when I purchase the computer 5 years

ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would be best to get the full version. Also if you shoot video, the combo Photoshop Elements + Premiere Elements is best value.

The free trials currently last 30 days.

My blog highlights the latest PSE features.

99jon tech: Photoshop Elements 2019 – What’s New

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am living on Social Security only, so money is a real problem - You may

have some other ideas once I explain exactly what I use Photo Editing

software for. I only do 2 things, I resize my photos (if necessary) and

make the backgrounds of my photos transparent (if necessary). That's all I

do with it. Thanks so much for helping me with my questions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GIMP is a free open source Editor. It may do the basic things you need.

https://www.gimp.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I took a look at Gimp and it will do what little I need it to do so I'll

give it a try - free is good. Thanks for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to use the Belarc Advisor to find the serial number:

Products: Belarc Advisor

Have you tried registering the software, now, and see if that makes the serial number show up?  Registering the software ties your AdobeID to the serial number so that you can look it up on your Adobe account, but you may not need to know the serial number to register it, it may be transmitted automatically.

The main issue would be what you mean by PSE10 came pre-installed on the computer 5 years ago with the problem being if this computer belonged to someone else, an individual, and you purchased the computer from them, but the PSE 10 license belongs to them.  If so then they would have to transfer the license to you using an online form at Adobe.

Or if the software was something bundled with a new computer, it may have documentation telling you the serial number and how to register it or it may be some special version of PSE that was sold to the computer manufacturer for a cheaper price and as such cannot be used as the source of an upgrade.

Basically, the software needs to be not registered to anyone else and be a version that isn't some promotional version that cannot be upgraded or installed again, and you can discover the serial number, then you may be able to install it, again, using that serial number.

If you find the serial number ,the download links to the older version of PSE10 should be here:

Adobe software and other downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines