• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouth Movement Stopped Working - How Do I Reconnect?

Participant ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing a pre-made character with three head angles. The mouth movements just recently stopped working on all three of them. They had been working fine.

Is there anything in this screen shot that would tell me what I've done wrong? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 12.28.51 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Thanks for the screenshot. The mouth movements are controlled by (1) webcam For some expressions (smile, surprised), and (2) lipsync for the rest. Are both sets no longer working?

The puppet hierarchy structure itself is probably fine. The most likely issue is tagging and scopes. There was a v2.0 release recently - some of the edge conditions may have changed causing the puppet to stop working.

The Frontal view I can see is tagged. What I suggest you look at next is find the Face behavior(s). Ther

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the screenshot. The mouth movements are controlled by (1) webcam For some expressions (smile, surprised), and (2) lipsync for the rest. Are both sets no longer working?

The puppet hierarchy structure itself is probably fine. The most likely issue is tagging and scopes. There was a v2.0 release recently - some of the edge conditions may have changed causing the puppet to stop working.

The Frontal view I can see is tagged. What I suggest you look at next is find the Face behavior(s). There might be one at the root of the puppet, or there might be ones lower down in the heirachy. One way to find them is to go to the scene view and click on the puppet - all of the behaviors are listed there, including ones nested deeper in the puppet hierarchy. See where the Face behavior is, then return to the rigging mode.

Under the face behavior properties (on the right) expand the “views” and “handles” sections. Are all the views you expect for the puppet listed? Does anything look “strange”? Expand “Mouth” under handles, does that appear to be right? (Or are no mouths listed)
Then there is the “LipSync” behavior as well. That is the one that controls the audio mouth positions. If you expand it in the rig window, are all the counts zero? That indicates it has not found the right layers.
Feel free to drop in screenshots here of these two areas if you cannot work it out. Please include the top of the puppet rigging as well (the very top of the puppet).
My guess is there are two sets of profiles going on (whole body profiles and head profiles) and the face/lipsync behaviors are failing to find the mouth etc corrrectly now. Something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines