• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick return from Editor to Organizer?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At times when in Elements Organizer I have a need to use the Quick Fix option to lighten the photo.  That opens up Editor but after "saving" and "done" it closes out Editor and I have to reopen Organizer.  Isn't there an option to return to the photo in Organizer that was just modified?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please mention the elements version you're using? And also the OS(WIN/MAC)?

That opens up Editor but after "saving" and "done" it closes out Editor and I have to reopen Organizer.

Can you please re-confirm here that whether Organizer closes or minimizes?

Detailed steps and observations at each step can be helpful for us to assist you better.

Thanks

Arshla Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for the response. I am using Elements 2019 and Windows 10 on a desktop computer. When in the”Editor” I can minimize Editor but I don’t see Organizer. The screen called “Instant Fix” has a “Back” option. Clicking on the back option I have four choices: 1. From Files and Folders, 2. From Camera or Card Reader, 3. From Scanner, 4. In Bulk. None of them take me back to the photo I was working on in Organizer.

Minimizing the “Instant Fix” page just puts it behind another screen. “X” closes it out and returns me to the Elements Dashboard, where I click Organizer and the search for the photo that I was “fixing”. It’s a lot of work compared what happens when I use Shutterfly or Blurb to make collages or photobooks. On those systems I can do many, many functions right on the photo without moving to another system to make the changes.

It feels that the software is old and needs to be better integrated. I am not an expert user and most of the time simply want to lighten a photo. It ought to be a very simple process but it doesn’t appear to be.

If the problem is me, please tell me how to quickly move to the Instant fix and then back to the same photo without all of the extra movements.

Thanks so much for your help.

Lynne

My only option appears to be to “X” out of Editor and I then see the Elements Dashboard where I

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for reverting with these steps. From your explanation, i understand that you call the Instant Fix workspace as Editor.

Instant Fix window is the workspace inside Elements Organizer wherein you can perform editing on your pictures.

Clicking 'x' on top of application would close the Organizer itself.

To come out of Instant Fix window and into Organizer's grid, where your photos are, you need to click <Back on top or Save/done at bottom, which would ask you for saving the changes, if you have made any. After this you would come back to the Organizer's main grid.

In main grid, the photo you were working on would remain selected (with a blue bounding box around it). Also in grid, you can double click an image to to see it in enlarged view.

Please refer to this complete guide to using Instant Fix fr further information:Fixing photos in Elements Organizer

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Arshla Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, however as you can see from my last response when I click “Back” the four options I mentioned do not bring me back to the original picture, nor does clicking on Done. The only way I get back to the original photo being “Instant Fixed” is to click the X and close out.

Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynne,

Try the following suggestion and see if that helps:

1. Before taking a picture to Instant Fix, double click it in the grid to open it in enlarged view (Single Image View).

2. Now click Instant Fix at bottom.

3. Perform your edits here and click Back or Done.

Now you should return back to the image that was already open in Single Image View.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much. Sorry to bother you with such a simple matter. I was trying to do the instant fix from the thumbnail view. Works fine. Thanks for the information.

Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines