• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Panasonic RW2 files

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across an issue with Panasonic RW2 files. When I open a RW2 from my Panasonic GX8 camera in Camera Raw, I get a picture that has 5184 x 3888 pixels. When I do the same in another Raw converter, the picture size is 5192 x 3896 pixels. The picture is definitely cropped at the edges. However, to me it looks like this cropping affects much more than 8 pixels in each direction. A really significant part of the picture is missing.

I found the same for an older version of RW2 from a Panasonic G3.

Tried to convert the RW2 to DNG before opening them, but it changes nothing.

To me, it looks like Camera Raw is not correctly processing RW2 and removing pixels that I need for further processing.

kind regards

Eggi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if Camera Raw is applying the Panasonic lens profiles automatically, even if this is not ticked in Camera Raw. This could lead to significant cropping.

As far as I know, the lens correction data is being integrated into the RAW file for Panasonic cameras and lenses. For Canon / Nikon etc. the correction data is taken from the Camera Raw database.

The RW2 file really shows much more details at the edges in Capture One / Raw Therapee than in Camera Raw. Definitely more than 8 pixels difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue a year after his post. Has there been a resolution to this in another thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines