• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Clip to Playhead

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently switched over to Audition from Logic Pro X for the advanced mixing and sound repair functionality. There's a key feature I need to edit my audio though.

In Logic Pro X, you can press semicolon to "move clip to playhead" and it's invaluable. Dragging is okay, but I'm surprised there isn't a single hotkey. Cut and paste isn't right for something this simple either; it's too forceful and could result in mistakes much more easily.

Is there a solution for this? Seems really basic, yet all the threads I've read on this forum settle on drag-and-drop as though it's comparable. Below is a feature description from a blog I found for Logic. Thanks in advance for your help.

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 1.19.37 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a shortcut for it that I can find, but if you want to move a lot of clips to a new location (like where the CTI is) then just group them and drag them there - works fine, and never goes wrong; they retain all of their relative positions.

Yeah, a shortcut for doing that might be good - put it in the suggestion box! (link below)

Audition CS5.5, CS6 & CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the grouping tip. The shortcut is my go-to for single clips mainly, but that's good to know.

I'll add the shortcut as a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was my exact question ~ As someone who has been a Cubase user for many years, I've been looking for the "move to playhead" equivalent... this is particularly useful if the playhead is some distance from the clips you want to move. Dragging stuff around by hand seems messy and prone to disaster (to me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines