• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I sync photo editing across devices

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I'm facing: I edit a picture in my PC but when I open the same picture in my phone (within Lightroom app of course) there are no edits applied - i get to see the original version.

As a result I have to do the same work twice which is totally unproductive.

So the picture is uploaded and synced across devices but not the editing.

What must/can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Yes that is right. I am used to Classic where indeed it syncs every change.

CC only syncs after you change images.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 8:16 AM hellenicsun <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should sync everything. If it doesn't, check the syncing status on both devices (click/tap the little cloud icon). Does it indicate everything is synced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it indicates all have synced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the picture look like on https://lightroom.adobe.com ? Like the desktop, or unedited?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks unedited. The PC app doesn't show any uploading activity, not even after I perform an edit.

Edit:

So, after I finished editing the photo, I clicked on "My Photos" and then I clicked on another photo than the one I was editing. As a result the app started syncing again and now at the web and phone app I do see the photo edited.

Maybe the issue is simply the fact my actions so far didn't trigger the sync process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like it was the issue but it should still sync anyway. There are quite a few bugs in this system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Lr app are you using on your desktop? It sounds like possibly you are editing a local copy of the image with Lr Classic, and that edit isn’t getting synced back to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share a screen capture of the edited image in Lr on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using only Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, when you edit a synced image in LR Classic, each individual edit is immediately synced, i.e. move a slider and the change will sync. However, when you edit a synced image in LRCC those edits are NOT immediately synced as you make them....instead they are accumulated and then all synced when you move away from that image, e.g. to another image or back to the album grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have also understand. Whatever edits I do, sync will not trigger unless I move to another image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is right. I am used to Classic where indeed it syncs every change.

CC only syncs after you change images.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 8:16 AM hellenicsun <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..which - to my logic at least - is a little strange.

Anyway, problem solved and I'm very thankful for each and everyone who took the time to answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are many weird differences between Classic and CC syncing that make no sense though. This is only one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines