• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu buttons mixed up after 2018 conversion

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Muse website designed in 2016 and upgraded/converted along the way with the current versions of Muse. On the FAQ page, I have multiple 'question' buttons that, when clicked, have a pop-up style box with the answer. It has been working fine all this time - desktop, phone, and tablet. Today I had to change some detail in one of the answers. When I opened the site, Muse converted it to the 2018 version. I made the simple change (deleted some text), saved the site, and published the changes to the site.

Now when I go to the FAQ page on the site, I get this pop-up message: Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author. When I close that box, it takes me to the FAQ page. However, when I click on a question button, the wrong answer pops up. And it's random, not just like the answer below the question. But no question has the correct answer.

Two things: 1) I didn't change any states, or links, or anything. I only deleted two sentences of one of the answers inside it's text box. 2) Even though the error message says files are missing, this particular page and the questions and answers, do not have hyperlinks or files associated with them. They are just buttons and text boxes. 3) never had this problem until today when I republished the converted site.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This normally is an easy-to-fix issue.

If you modify a site and visit it again, there may be older site data cached in your browser, which conflict with the new data. This can be fixed by clearing your browser’s cache. Each browser has a command to do this.

If you give us the link to your site, we can look, if we meet your issue too. If yes, your hosting provider may run an active caching system, which has to be reset. (In this case, you should contact your service provider).

For deeper informations please read this: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357661

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site is http://www.tulsacdltruckrental.com. I've tried it on other devices with the same results, but haven't had a chance to try it on a device that's never been to the site.

I'll be able to check out the forum thread you mentioned later this afternoon.

Thank you!

[junk removed ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I visit your site, as expected the alert doesn’t show up.

So, I think, you can fix the issue by clearing your browser’s cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so cleared the cache and tried again.

I do not get the error message. However, clicking the question button still brings up the wrong answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell why without seeing the source file.

Could you please copy the faq composition (and nothing else) into a newly created .muse file, upload this file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here? Then we can have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay.

Here is the dropbox link for the FAQ page.: FAQ Page for review.muse

[junk removed ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no link …

Please visit the forum to see your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird - it shows in the sent version of my email and goes to drop box... Let me try again.

[junk removed ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to look for the download link in Dropbox! Go to your Dropbox and copy the download link.

And no! You can’t attach something to your mail, because for security reasons it doesn’t pass through to the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines