• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this a possible proxy workflow?

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if it is possible, when creating proxies natively within Premiere Pro, to copy those proxies files and project file to a portable hard drive and edit from there and then reconnect the proxies to the original media at a later time?

If it is possible, what would be the best method to accomplish this?

Im thinking along the lines of Premiere Pro's version of Lightroom Smart Previews. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This would definitely work! It seems like you've already got it figured out. Create the proxies, copy them to a drive, then take them back to your project and reconnect manually when you're done! Here's all the information you should need on proxies:

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Ingest and Proxy Workflow in Adobe Premiere Pro CC

I know it's a little dense but there's a good bit in there about reconnecting the proxies.

Let me know if you have any specific questions! If you post back here at any point, I'll get an email alert and come help.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines