• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon Z6 NEF File RAW

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when is Adobe going to update Camera RAW to read Nikon Z6 NEF files?  ON1 does this already!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

There is the adobe dog converter 11.1 beta you can use to convert the Z6 nefs to dog copies and open in photoshop until adobe releases the camera raw 11.1 update.

DNG Converter (11.1) Beta with preliminary camera support for various models | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not publish their development schedule.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is the adobe dog converter 11.1 beta you can use to convert the Z6 nefs to dog copies and open in photoshop until adobe releases the camera raw 11.1 update.

DNG Converter (11.1) Beta with preliminary camera support for various models | Photoshop Family Cust...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it convert dogs to? I like mine as she is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the question has not been answered. The question has been dodged. The DNG Conveter works, it's true. You can convert all your NEFs to .dng files, and then edit them, but that's not a solution, that's a work around, and for all of us photographers who edit 10's of thousands of pictures a year, it's a pain in the ass to add yet another step to our processes.

So, the question still stands:

when is Adobe going to update Camera RAW to read Nikon Z6 NEF files

Seriously, when? I know that LR already supports the Z7's NEFs, but PS doesn't, and neither of them support the Z6 NEFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When they do it will be done they do not publish when they may state next year but give not data.  Next year there will a Photoshop like CC for the iPad Pro that Adobe stated. no date was given and little details about what would actually be in  Photoshop CC IOS version much can not be in Photoshop CC IOS for IOS lacks device support and other desktop OS features support.

When will you die do you know when the event is schedual for do you have it schedualed.  It may be Adobe does not have it on and schedual. If the is a schedual will it be meet.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR release dates are never announced in advance. Those who know are under NDA. It will be supported when support is ready, most likely in ACR 11.1. That's all anyone can say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are mistaken. The Z7 has been supported in Adobe Camera RAW since October 15th. And if it is supported in ACR, then both Lightroom and Photoshop support it. Of course, you have to be using a current version of Lightroom and Photoshop to access the current ACR. Which, unfortunately, means you have to subscribe. If that's any kind of a guideline for the Z6, then I would expect support the end of December.

I have in the mean time been using the beta DNG converter and it works just fine. It's fast with an i9 6 core processor on my MacBook Pro. I find it a bit frustrating that the support doesn't come faster, but Nikon can be a bit slow in exchanging information with vendors. We could have CF Express Cards from ProGrade right now if Nikon was faster at communicating with them. They have their CF Express cards in beta testing with photographers, who have had their readers for some time now. From what I'm reading, I've only bought one XQD card, because CF Express is going to be cheaper per gig and more than twice as fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mad! Indeed it is time to update computer. I am getting quotes. So you have an i9 (don't know whether that makes me laugh or cry). I'm talking about the Z6 ...the information I got about Adobe's preparedness (the 90 day wait) was directly from Adobe support (I subscribe online and update the creative cloud package regularly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe told me 60-90 days wait I'm also having trouble installing the dng converter bc my Mac OS can't update to the OS required and my pc can't either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sandrac,

What operating systems do you have?

I'm afraid if your computers don't meet the specs for the beta 11.1 dng converter, then they won't be able to use the 11.1 camera raw plugin either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have El Capitan, which tell me NO. And I have Windows 8.1 (32 bit), which doesn't seem to work though not sure. Apparently you need Windows 7 service pack 1 or Windows 10...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need windows 7 64 bit service pack 2 or windows 10 64 bit version 1703 and later

or macOS 10.12 Sierra. 10.13 High Sierra or 10.14 Mojave.

What model and year mac do you have?

Is your windows computer 64 bit capable?

next to System Type after the operating system it should say either

x64-based processor or x32-based processor

Windows 8.1: Determining 32-bit or 64-bit - GROK Knowledge Base

Dng converters after version 11.0 only run on 64 bit windows systems mentioned above.

No 32 bit support anymore starting with dng converter 11.0.

Nikon provides Nikon View NX-i and Nikon Capture NX-D, which should work on your windows 8.1.

Doesn't list El Capitan 10.11 as supported.

Nikon | Download center | ViewNX-i & Capture NX-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I have imac 24 inch mide 2007 with El Capitan (as far as it will go).

Then PC I have Intel R Core TM 2Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00 GHz with 2 GB RAM … System Windows 8.1 Pro 32 bit operating system and 64 based processor…

DNG converter seems installed amongst the Program files for Adobe…

What would I have to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't buy a new Mac there are plenty of good quality used Macs not that old that will support your camera. For example, the current MacOS Mojave will work with nearly every single Mac since mid-2012. You can get quite good bargains for 2015 and 2016 Macs from the top used dealers. Google and you'll find them.

Apple's refurbished are pretty good bargains, but don't go back more than a year or two. OWC (macsales.com) have a good selection. PowerMax. Others. Look around and you'll find some real bargains. Just don't trust eBay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time to update the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now its out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Z6 NEF support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Camera Raw 11.1 now includes support for the Z6

New features summary for the October 2018 release of Camera Raw CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom CC 2.1 & Lightroom Classic CC 8.1.

This update includes the support for Nikon Z6 camera.

Here's the list of what's new in this release:

Lightroom CC 2.1: New features summary for the October 2018 release of Lightroom CC

Lightroom Classic CC 8.1: New features summary for the October 2018 release of Lightroom Classic CC

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi A few days ago, I could use creative cloud, bridge, lightroom, photoshop to read and work on nikon z6 files. Today, after an update, I can use bridge, photoshop, but I cannot import Z6 NEF files into Lightroom. It says it cannot import and it cannot open these files.

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mohit

I was celebrating a few days ago because I could read and work on Nkon Z6 NEF files with Bridge PS and LR. Today, after an update, only Bridge and PS, not Lightroom. LR says it cannot import Z6 NEF files and that it cannot open them either. BooHoo.

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines