Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Javascript stopped working after flowed containers added

Level 2

Good evening, my LiveCycle Designer warriors.

I have a format in which I've done lots of coding. The coding worked fine.

Last week, I added some more functionality in which some items were hidden (flowed containers) with the usage of a radio button.

Perhaps it was a coincidence, but now the coding has completely stopped and I can figure out why for the life of me.

Help. Is there anyway I can post this form for someone(s) to look at?

Thanks, in advance, everyone!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

I dont know if it is related, but i find when something is not referenced correctly, the form stops processing.

When i clicked a radio button in table 2 or 3, the javascript console threw an error. Not on just one radio button, but many. Invoke the debugger with CTRL+J when you preview the form.

1624853_pastedImage_3.png

I find it hard to look at an unfamiliar form but I looked through the code for the checkbox - form1.Page2.Table3Sec1.Row2.cb16::change - (JavaScript, client)

I searched for Row14 in the code and it references: Page2.Table3Sec1.Row14.cb33.rawValue == "1"

Unless i am missing it in my quick look at the file. That table does not appear to have a Row14.

1624860_pastedImage_4.png

I dont know if that is causing an issue. The No radio button code seemed fine to me.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 7

I would put it in a dropbox or google drive and post a link here.

Failing that, post some screens of the form hierarchy and maybe the radio button code.

Level 2

To da rescue.

Holy cow.

When you click the numbered options in Tables 2 and 3, it automatically populates the boxes in the Table starting on page 5.

I'm flummoxed. It was all working perfect until I added the functionality of the last radio button on page 2 (rbStep3 is the object name). A "No" option to that radio button hides page 3 and the subform on page 4.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QoIbUJG9LORmursjSmbxYDBUlB_YAjuA

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

I dont know if it is related, but i find when something is not referenced correctly, the form stops processing.

When i clicked a radio button in table 2 or 3, the javascript console threw an error. Not on just one radio button, but many. Invoke the debugger with CTRL+J when you preview the form.

1624853_pastedImage_3.png

I find it hard to look at an unfamiliar form but I looked through the code for the checkbox - form1.Page2.Table3Sec1.Row2.cb16::change - (JavaScript, client)

I searched for Row14 in the code and it references: Page2.Table3Sec1.Row14.cb33.rawValue == "1"

Unless i am missing it in my quick look at the file. That table does not appear to have a Row14.

1624860_pastedImage_4.png

I dont know if that is causing an issue. The No radio button code seemed fine to me.

Level 2

And that is (yet another reason) reason I roll with the world-famous MinusZero.

You nailed it. That checkbox was inadvertently deleted. And that is what threw it off the entire thing. I put it back and voila... we're up and running.

This is my first LiveCycle Designer form ever so thank you being easy on me.

Fantastic. Can't thank you enough.

Level 7

Thanks for your comments. I am glad to help. We were all learners at some stage. I am still learning things now

You can make the console show automatically when errors are thrown - In Acrobat, go to Edit > Preferences and in the Javascript options check this box (below).

1625428_pastedImage_1.png