• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sections of Captions Disappear

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a bunch of open captions for a client project and I haven't had any issues with the captions until now. I've been shortening any overly long captions by selecting parts of the text in the caption window, cutting, changing the length of the original caption in the timeline to the desired length, right clicking and adding new caption in the timeline, then pasting the text into the new caption in the caption window. Then adjusting the new caption to fit.

This was working fine until the last few.

Now when I go to adjust the length of the old caption, it disappears from my timeline all together, but still shows in the caption window. The captions that disappear from the timeline don't show in the monitor either. If I click and add a new caption, when I adjust it, it disappears from my timeline as well.

There also seems to be some weird "super snap" issue where occasionally if I adjust the length of the original caption it'll snap to the caption before it, even if it's nowhere near where it should be picking up the snap. (Does that make sense??) These seem to be related issues because they started at the same time. But the main issue is the disappearing caption in the timeline/monitor.

I've tried saving, closing, reopening, restarting the computer, everything I can think of.

Is this a new bug with the latest update?

Current version I'm working on is Version 13.0.1

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a new bug, but I have found no steps to replicate it. I think of it as losing sync between the actual captions and what you see. Sometimes, one or more of your steps works, but nothing is guaranteed to do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines