• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro 2019 CRASH

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated Adobe Premier pro 2019 to the latest version, alongside Media Encoder 2019. After doing so I experience the blue screen of death with error code: BAD_POOL_CALLER. This happened three times before adobe premier pro completely crashed.

Adobe premier pro 2018 was working fine and continues to when I launch this older version. And I had been running premier pro 2019 for a week or so with no errors till this update.

When I try and open premier pro it stalls on importerQuickTime.prm, then crashes. I have tried renaming the plugins folder to plug-in_old, this didnt work.

I have tried deleting Temp folders and restarting. I have tried running as administrator. All didn’t work

I have also tried entirely resetting my computer to factory settings. When I did this adobe premier pro ran for about 30mins then I got another blue screen of death, this time with error code: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION. Then when it restarted premier pro crashed again at start screen.

Please I really need this fixed.

Proccessor: intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @3.00GHZ 3.00GHZ (2 Processors)

RAM: 128 GB

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (running on latest driver update)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

I can confirm that deleting this file on the user account that's preventing Adobe Premiere Pro will work to fix the problem:

C:\Users\YOUR USER FOLDER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound/SharedTags

If you can't get there, go to any open folder and at the top under View;check show hidden files.

This file will NOT delete just by right clicking and deleting it. It will say it cannot be deleted because it's in use. Even with closing all Adobe related files in task manager, it still was unable

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I haven't found a solution yet. Hopefully Adobe helps us out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi communicationalpha,

Can you find the file here? %APPDATA%\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound\SharedTags.json

If so, please remove it and see if the situation returns to normal after restarting Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that deleting this file on the user account that's preventing Adobe Premiere Pro will work to fix the problem:

C:\Users\YOUR USER FOLDER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound/SharedTags

If you can't get there, go to any open folder and at the top under View;check show hidden files.

This file will NOT delete just by right clicking and deleting it. It will say it cannot be deleted because it's in use. Even with closing all Adobe related files in task manager, it still was unable to be deleted because 'System' is using it.

1. You have to force delete it either through your command prompt, or by installing a program that does it for you.
  2. I used a free program called lock hunter: https://lockhunter.com/download.htm
  3. https://lockhunter.com/download.htmAfter you install lockhunter, you can right click the SharedTags file and go to 'What is locking this file?'.
  4. Then lock hunter will open and if you open the 'system' dropdown, it will reveal the SharedTags file.
  5. Select the SharedTags file (Not system)
  6. Hit the delete button below.
  7. It will tell you that you STILL can't delete it because it's in use, so it will ask if you want to delete it when you restart the computer, say yes.
  8. After the restart, it will say successfully deleted.
  9. You'll now be able to start Premiere pro.
  10. Premiere Pro CC will automatically put back in a new SharedTags file into the Essential Sound folder, but this time since the computer didn't crash while in Premiere (yet), that file didn't get corrupted, meaning all is good, until the next crash, which you'll then need to redo this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines