• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching handwritten notes in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help understanding how to search for handwritten words. Do I need to train the software through enhanced features to recognize handwritten words. We are a school district with numerous handwritten notes from parents, and there are times we need to find a particular student. I understood that Adobe Pro would allow us to search handwritten words. Did I misunderstand the OCR feature?

Thanks for help!

Karen

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Hi kcharnes,

OCR doesn't have the capability to read your handwritten notes.

This will work on flatten text documents, images with system generated text. Or scanned documents.

Hope that answers your question.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kcharnes,

OCR doesn't have the capability to read your handwritten notes.

This will work on flatten text documents, images with system generated text. Or scanned documents.

Hope that answers your question.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq

Just checking to see if there is any update on this. Has Adobe released (or plan to) any tools / add ons to search / read handwritten notes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can probably find other software or services that attempt to read handwritting and convert to text.

Maybe a google service, or a standalone app - it would require AI (artificial intelligence) methods to achieve any kind of accurate result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I am missing the same feature myself for quite some time, I am using MyScript Nebo for notes in handwritings, because it's multiplatform. It cannot write on PDFs (yet) but imagine how powerful a combination would be! For people who can do or want to learn handwriting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines