• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS - Editing Actions

Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll create an action go to use it & it doesn't work only to realize I forgot a step, is there a way to edit an action you created without deleting the whole thing & starting over? Also if a action is created & it works just fine can you re-assign another F-Key to it without having to create the action all over again? I try to group similar actions that I use together and at times find myself having to re-create a few actions with new F-Key's to put them where I want. Thanks for reading hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To edit an action, just click on a step and hit record to add steps...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Melissa, that's so much easier, should have asked sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melissa,

I am using the antiquated CS2 for doing just a little editing on my photos.   I wrote several actions and all work just fine except...   The action that I wrote to save a tiff and a jpeg version still works very well EXCEPT it just recently quite saving to the original folder that they were in.   I cannot seem to find any way to fix this.  I have tried rewriting the action but every time I do it saves the current folder I am in as the default folder permanently.   I have set preferences so original folder but the action no longer works.  I have to manually select the correct folder each time now??   Not sure what happened and maybe I am missing something reset this.

If you have any ideas I would certainly appreciate it.  If you need further explanation or a screen shot I can to that as well.

God Bless,

Paul O. Roisen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to all your questions.

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.

Contains

Example

Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, I downloaded your folder. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional tip:

To copy a block of steps first select the steps, then choose Duplicate from the fly-out menu, then drag to your desired position.

Actions editing is somewhat 1980s-esque, but it can be done.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful Noel, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what others have said, editing actions is more flexible than you initially think.

• You can rearrange steps with drag and drop
  • You can hit record and record the one step without doing the others first
  • You can drag a step from one action to another — or copy with Option + drag
  • You can double-click a step to edit it
  • You can trash a step that doesn’t belong

Just be sure to create a Set (folder) first, then select that set and save it from the panel menu when you are finished. If you reset your actions (or your preferences), they will go back to the saved versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very helpful, thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to take a look and CS2 was so long ago, but I don't think there have been any changes to actions in the last 10 years. Do you use Bridge? go to the Tools drop down menu in Bridge, choose Batch. You will get a diaglog box where you can run the action and choose the destination..2018-11-26_13-12-32.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

melissapiccone  wrote

Do you use Bridge?... You will get a dialog box where you can run the action and choose the destination..

If not, then File > Automate > Batch from PS brings up the same dialog (but without Source: Bridge, where you can filter first.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,

Thank you so much for the addition of File>Automate>batch line you added to melissapiccone's Bridge fix (I do not use Bridge but maybe something to explore later).

It was not exactly what I was expecting but it works very well.   With the batch function I can save all the open photos back to the correct folder without having to send each one through the Action I had written (but was no longer sending them to original file).  Saves time and steps.

Seems to me that I should be able to actually incorporate this into one of the steps of my Action.  ???

God Bless.

Paul

Paul O. Roisen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roisenp  wrote

Jane,

Seems to me that I should be able to actually incorporate this into one of the steps of my Action.  ???

God Bless.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I agree, and I know I have done a “Save As” to another folder as a step in an action in the past where I could run it on one file one day and two files the next, etc. Unfortunately, I can’t test it right now because I have another project with a rather serious deadline and shouldn’t be on the forums at all for a couple of days until I complete that task. I hope another volunteer can get back to you on that part. (I’ll check back.)

In the meantime, I’m glad the File > Automate > Batch is working well!

Best,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks and focus on your other project,  The fix works just fine for mine,

I will follow up on action later as well.

Paul

[address and phone from email reply removed by moderator]

Paul O. Roisen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,  I was unable to locate the place to indicate that your answer was a CORRECT answer.   I received a link to do so which took me to the place where you answered but no "CORRECT" button to click on?    What am I missing here?

God Bless,

Paul O. Roisen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the link, Paul. If you can’t do it, most if not all  of us who answered are moderators and can do it for you. Just post back.

PS - Editing Actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines