Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scala Pro font issue Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have difficulties with using the italic version of the installed Sanuk font on my Windows 10 (64bit) system in Adobe XD.

In the fonts panel I can choose italic but after I have done that the design doesn't change to the italic font.

This problem only occurs on my Windows 10 pc and only in Adobe XD.

Both Photoshop and InDesign work just fine and show the italic font when selected.

On MacOS the italic font also works fine in Adobe XD.

This is the source where the font was bought:
https://www.fontshop.com/families/ff-sanuk

The issue is not only with "regular italic" font, but also the other italic variants (thin, bold).

I hope you can help me out.

Best regards,

JK

{Renamed By MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey buddy!
If Adobe InDesign & Photoshop are running the font properly then I guess this ain't the issue with your Windows 10. If Italic/thin/bold variants of other fonts are working properly in XD then you should probably try uninstalling the font and reinstalling it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fahad,

I have reïnstalled the font but unfortenately this did not seem to solve the problem.

But thanks for your suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that the font works in WordPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked the italic style in WordPad and no problems there, just works correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine, i have checked WordPad as you asked but no issues there. Do you have any other suggestions perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay! Let me get a team member to look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, another question – how did you install the font? Do you have a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the font in Windows and double-clicked the Install option. I repeated this process for all different font variants (regular, bold, italic, etc.).

I also discovered another issue: when I compare the Adobe XD design file between MacOS and Windows, the text seems to jump a couple of pixels vertically. I haven't tested this issue with other fonts than the Sanuk font, I hope to test this later this week. Anybody else experienced this issue before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the opposite problem with a different font - Scala Pro. The roman displays in italic in XD only on PC, in XD on a mac it display without any problems. Also, displays correctly on PC in InDesign and Photoshop. 

Was this issue ever resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tinatacoTT,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the trouble. We will try our best to investigate the issue. Would you mind confirming from where you've downloaded the font, as it doesn't seem to be available on the font's website?

Is it possible for you to share the zipped font file with me so that I can check on my end? Please also share the XD version and your operating system's details.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activated fonts from Adobe Cloud through InDesign. 

FF Scala | Adobe Fonts

scala.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD version 54.0.12.5 Creative Cloud Sync 6.1.0.10

Dell laptop Latitude 9520, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz 1.80 GHz, 32GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the requested info. Could you please update XD to the current version (XD 56) and let us know if that resolves the issue?

We will make every effort to assist you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to update to the current version due to security issues. 

tinatacoTT_0-1675710145832.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes us 2-3 years to get an updated approved. If you could see if you have the same problem with the version you currently have, I'd apprciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking. I have logged a bug for the issue so that our team can look into the issue and investigate further.

I'll share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any luck with finding a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines