• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-Camera Sequence Color Label Entire Video, and Have That Color Show in Edit

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For anyone out there who is using the multi-camera editing, is there a way to have the color label show up in individual cuts for the Multi-Camera sequence?  I added an image below to show one of my recent sequences.  The bottom part of the image shows mostly green, and that is the Multi-Camera Sequence.  I did all of that color labeling.  In this case, the video was only around 10 minutes.  The real benefit would be in longer videos.

I'm using shortcut keys for the labels, and so that is quicker.  But, it would nice for this to be automated.  One thing I figured out is that I can use unsharp mask on a video, and it will show red, as if needing to render.  This helps identifying the cuts, and I can go in and color those for the final run.  But, automatic color labels would be ideal.

Thanks,

Steve

MultiCam_ColorLabels.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

As of right now I do not know of a way to automatically color-label cuts. I suspect it's not a feature because people have different associations with different colors. I know I have meanings to my color-coding that nobody else does!

Maybe a universal color-coding key would be useful! You can submit feature ideas here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Premiere Pro: Hot (3326 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Our engineers check that page regularly for ideas on what user

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of right now I do not know of a way to automatically color-label cuts. I suspect it's not a feature because people have different associations with different colors. I know I have meanings to my color-coding that nobody else does!

Maybe a universal color-coding key would be useful! You can submit feature ideas here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Premiere Pro: Hot (3326 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Our engineers check that page regularly for ideas on what users want and need! Feel free to suggest many different ideas; we really appreciate the feedback!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

Thank you so much for your response.  However, I was thinking of something slightly different.  You can see in the jpg I attached that it has two sections.  You can see the individual cameras source sequence, and one separate audio in the top section.  Below that, you can see the multi-camera sequence.  I had to add labels to both sections manually.  What I was hoping for was that the change I made to the area where you can see the source video and audio files on the timeline, would automatically appear in the multi-camera sequence after I selected the cut.  So, I was hoping that as I made a cut, it would know that I chose camera 1, and automatically could mark that one cut with the color I had added to the source video and audio files sequence.  What happens is that each cut in the multi-camera sequence stays green by default, unless I go in and manually label them. 

Thanks for the tip on Hot Ideas section of the forum.  I will resubmit this post there.

~ Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I see what you mean! Wow, that's an even better idea than the one I THOUGHT you were suggesting! Hilarious.

Please do submit it and post it back here so I can upvote it as well!

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2023 and still wishing for this feature! any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines