• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding extension Animator's Toolbar Pro doesn't work, mac

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I spent at least 4 hours today to figure out how to make this work, and it is getting so unfortunately frustrating to make me write to a forum. I have normal photography plan, 15£ a month, nothing too fancy, but still I would expect bigger proficiency by such old and so much worked on software like photoshop...

My issue is, I'm trying to add this extension to my Photoshop: Animator's Toolbar Pro , when I click "Install" in my Exchange profile's list of extensions, it pends a little and then "Uninstall" option shows telling me, that extension is on a good way to be installed or is already installed (I think it is the first one, but there are no prompts on my os to know). Apart from other extensions that I tried to install, like Reflections in Photoshop just for the sake of testing functionality of other extensions, after clicking "Install" on Animator's Toolbar, I get no pop-up notification on my mac like with other extensions (Reflections).:

Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 14.22.51.pngScreenshot 2018-11-24 at 14.21.49.png

These pop-ups are not showing with Animator's Toolbar (when I click either install on uninstall).

This is my list of extensions in my exchange account currently:

Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 14.24.50.png

What makes this worse is, that my creative cloud application version (4.7.0.400) doesn't have any "Activity Stream" or "Home" tab, which would really show me what is happening with these extensions (a lot of people on internet have that option). I don't know why is it missing in this version, or if it is missing or purpose, if on purpose why? Sounds like a stupid design decision to me...

Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 14.27.23.png

Ok. I click "Install" in my exchange on Animator's Toolbar, then wait 30 mins (you know, how unpragmatic this sounds), go to Photoshop to see, if it got installed, and:

Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 14.31.05.png

No Animation's Toolbar as you can see (AnimDesign2 is something else).

Well okay, you should try to install that with a 3rd party or some else extension/plugin installer you say? I tried three!

The recommended one by adobe, ZXP installer and PVIIexman, and these are the messages they give me when I try to install Animator's Toolbar xzp file:

Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 14.35.05.pngScreenshot 2018-11-24 at 14.34.15.pngScreenshot 2018-11-24 at 14.34.39.png

As you can see, pretty big variety of messages, but there is something hiding in it. Is it then that my adobe and photoshop thinks,  that the extension is installed, but then why is it that it doesn't show in the Photoshop?

I ended up doing the ultimate solution, after like 2 hours of frustration I tried to uninstall EVERYTHING!! (Adobe related: CC cloud, Photoshop, every adobe app and tried to clean settings in my mac). And then I installed it again and tried to install the extension. Again, no notification after clicking "Install" and the same message after passing the zxp file into the installers.

Guys do you have any idea how to make that work?

Thanks

PS: This is a funny reason why I got into all this trouble and I'm trying to install Animator's Toolbar. It is because I'm doing animations and I have a group for every frame (group with usually a lot of layers) and when I try to change a duration of that group's layers in Timeline, it doesn't work (WHICH SUCKS ADOBE!! AND DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean I love the software, it is ideal for the work I'm on, but changing frame duration of multiple layers at the same time is an option that is really missing. I can imagine a lot of people having more than one layer in their :frame: and having to change every one frame manually instead of moving the frame's group is very inconvenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using CC 2019 (20.01) on High Sierra 10.13.6, I was able to install and access the Trial on my mid 2012 Macbook Pro and uninstall it.

I can suggest you contact Patrick Deen and see what he knows.

By the way, thanks for the detailed screenshots. If I come across an answer, I'll pass it on.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello stanislavk57530857,

Sorry to see you are having problems installing the Animator's Toolbar Pro.

I get questions about installation problems once or twice a month but november was extremely troublesome. During the release of Photoshop CC 2019 Adobe Exchange was very unstable and, I assume, causing installation problems for a number of users.

A few users fixed the installation problem by fixing disk permissions and try to install again either with the CC app or Anastasiy’s Extension Manager. Because the Animator's Toolbar Pro package comes with extra files (keyboard scripts, cheatsheet.pdf and two demo psd files) that are installed on different locations, installation permission is needed. During installation you usually have to enter your admin password or give admin permission to complete the installation.

One user had a similar issue where we tried EVERYTHING but still the extension seemed to already be installed. He managed to fix the problem by uninstalling Photoshop CC 2019 and install Photoshop CC 2018 and install the extension. When Photoshop CC 2018 and Adobe Exchange were properly syncing he could install Photoshop CC 2019 and from then on everything (including extension installation) was working properly.

note: Make sure you are using the correct .zxp for manual installation. One of the error messages you've posted is of the Free toolbar (v3.0.7) and not the Pro (v1.1.1). The free toolbar is limited to Photoshop CC 2017 and won't install or show up if you only have Photoshop CC 2019 installed.

Hope that helps,

Patrick Deen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick, I'm currently taking Chris Piascik's Skillshare class and he demo-ed your Animators Toolbar for our animation project. I already bought this plugin but having trouble installing it. I'm using Photoshop 21.2.3, (the current updated version on Creative Cloud) and there's no option to download Photoshop CC 2018 like you mentioned here. Is there any chance I can install it a different way, or is there an updated version comply with the latest Photoshop available? Thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I reached out to Adobe and one of the technician helped imported it to my computer through remote support. Woot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines