• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Support Guy told me my brand new 16GB Ram laptop wasn't good enough

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone running CC19 without lag on their 16GB RAM laptop? I bought it 3 days ago and it is one of the highest recommended computers for editing and running premiere pro but it was lagging and freezing pretty badly on a basic video.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16 GB or more is recommended.

However , while u face lagging when running the Premiere Pro application , check for the  RAM utilization under Task Manager.

We need to make sure whether the lag is due to RAM usage or any other underlying issue.

Important:

Make sure BIOS and Firmware version is up to date.

Also check for Drivers update , especially for those listed below :

1) Graphics card.

2) Chipset.

3) Audio driver.

4) Rapid Storage driver.

Sample Screenshot:

Note:

Also make  sure to set Virtual Memory to recommended or try to increase it.

It will be helpful , you can share the System configuration.

Reference:

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been playing around with turning Adobe's background stuff off and still glitching, this time the playback is now glitching - when I try to playback its like it gets stuck on the timeline and keeps replaying the same 1 second over and over again and when I try to do it in another part of the timeline the same thing happens. Screenshot shows memory at that time.

System deets

8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor (9M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz)

512GB M.2 Solid State Drive Storage

16GB RAM

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5

My virtual memory has been set as 3607 but the recommended is only 2910 - would this play a factor?

memory.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Memory utilization is ok. Laptop System specs is pretty good.

*What is the Laptop make and model?

*Whats is the version of graphics card driver installed?

* BIOS version?

Note:

As suggested above you can try lower version of Premiere Pro CC for testing purpose  or you can also uninstall and reinstall the application once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Hardware Forum

IamLil  wrote

I bought it 3 days ago and it is one of the highest recommended computers for editing and running premiere pro

What are the other specs then?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, specs are:

8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor (9M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz)

512GB M.2 Solid State Drive Storage

16GB RAM

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your video stored and what is your resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried moving it from the external harddrive to internal and still no improvement. My laptop is 4k editing a 1080p video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your screen is a 4k screen and you are editing HD video. 4k screens are cool, but they eat-up a lot of resources just to move pixels on your screen. That may or may not be the problem.

It may also be that there is a faulty device in your laptop or as indicated above, that the drivers are not up to date -- or that the up-to-date driver is buggy. Do not trust Windows to update the drivers to the latest version on its own.

If you suspect the current version of Premiere, install a lower version and see if that one works ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it's it's useless but I didn't have a choice. Although my previous 4K laptop which had worse specs didn't have this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might help us to know the codec for the media you are using. This makes a huge difference, as something like GoPro h.264 can make even a very powerful system choke (although probably not so much at 1080p).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines