• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parse .fm File

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to parse .fm file and store its content in another .fm file using FDK2019?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are not providing enough information about what you want to do. If your question is really that broad, this may not be the best place to get help. We can help with focused, direct questions, but we cannot provide extensive tutorials on complex functionality. Do you have a more specific question?

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I want to create the xml file by getting the table data from the Framemaker Document using FDK2019.

can you please suggest me how i can create the xml file with that data ?

I appricitae any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using structured or unstructured FrameMaker ? That makes a lot of difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using structured Framemaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means you have an EDD. Do you also have a DTD and read-write rules? This would allow saving the entire file to XML and then extracting the table data from the XML using a simple XSL transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i want to create xml form the framemaker document (.fm) using fdk Programming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but that would be a waste of your time. Creating XML from a structured FrameMaker document is easy enough using the tools that are already in the product. Download the Structured Application Guide and the Structured Application Reference. These provide you with all the tools you need to create XML from your structured content.

You can learn FDK programming for other types of work. This job is definitely NOT the type of thing you want to do with FDK. Also, there is a HUGE difference between FDK programming (C++ in Visual Studio) and scripting (using the ExtendScript Toolkit that comes with the FrameMaker product). You are posting your question on the Scripting forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines