• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to modify a PDF magazine?

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to rake  pdf of a magaxine (madE IN INDESIGn) and download it and make other magazines with it by editing the pages and changing pictures and text and fonts......use it as a template.   how do i do this? What tools do i use to download the pdf then edit it into a new magazine?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing will end up being a messy project. There would be many steps and in the end the document you would end up with would not be good at all. The program you want to do this in InDesign. Adobe Stock has InDesign magazine templates all set to go. Magazine stock graphic design and motion graphic templates | Adobe Stock

Dissecting a pdf creates so many more problems than it solves. Trust me!

- Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched from an unrelated discussion and Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to InDesign.

You simply can’t do that like you describe. What you can do is rebuilding a magazine from scratch imitating the style and layout of an existing magazine. Appart from (c) concerns you should know tools like Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator.

I did this once for a wedding newspaper and it was quite successful.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you....are there in design templates for magazines?  Where do i find them in the stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Some of the templates come with Indesign, others may be baught on Adobe stock. But mostly, you would do the art work for yourself. Copy art is not very creative. You may take inspiration, but rarely you will want to copy a certain style... except, well for my example above.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a Plugin that will convert PDF to InDesign from Recosoft: PDF2ID - PDF to InDesign, How to convert PDF to InDesign, Convert PDF to InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

would you like to learn how to make a template based on that magazine you like?

a template will have many styles and settings that if you don't know how to work with will only bring you more work. based on your skill level you should consider building the template based on what you know. a template may contain variables, master pages, object styles with nested styles.. are you ready to be able to work with those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines