Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Passing values to a web service

Enthusiast ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can some body please guide me how to pass values to a web service for a particular operation from InDesign.

For example, if my Web service (http://demo.company.com/WebService/WebService.asmx) has "saveISBNs" operation, then how the values can be passed to the corresponding operation.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the socket object, i found a thread with discussion on the same. Mentioned below is the link

Re: POST

Also you could try executing some command line utility like curl, or call your webservice using AppleScript, VbScript that is invoked from your JS code.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have used Porky in the past GitHub - Schreiber-und-Freunde/porky: JavaScript ExtendScript Toolkit (ESTK) automation library with...

getting JSON from an API and parsing the data I need into InDesign documents,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines