• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra characters in all Export Presets

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the final steps of setting up a new Mac, and just went to the Export panel in Lightroom Classic CC after copying over my presets from my old computer. All of the presets, including those installed by Adobe by default (even after resetting via Preferences), include two spaces after the period that should separate the filename from the file extension, followed by the extension of the original file (tiff, jpg, dng, etc), two more periods, then the correct extension for the export (see attached screenshot). I don't think I looked at the Export panel before copying over my presets from the old computer, so I don't know if this was happening before I did that.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.38.06 PM.png

If I try to edit any preset, the extra characters are still there after I eliminate all text created by the custom naming options.

Any idea what might be causing this and how to fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

This is not an issue due to something in presets. This probably relates to a preference setting relating to file name syntax at export.

not at a computer to check out and test, so...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an issue due to something in presets. This probably relates to a preference setting relating to file name syntax at export.

not at a computer to check out and test, so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It appears that setting "Replace illegal file name characters with" to "Similar Characters" causes this to happen, for what reason I can't fathom (the files in question have no illegal characters that I can discern).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the problem by changing the illegal file name character to"Similar Characters".  You should post this bug in Photoshop Family Customer Community as Adobe supposedly participates there and monitors bug reports.   If you are lucky it might get fixed although their bug fixing record not great lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon further testing it actually exports the correct file name.  Only the preview in the dialog is messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to test to see if that was the case, but you beat me to it. Glad to know it's just the dialog.

I will post the issue on the board in hopes that the Powers That Be see it and fix the panic-inducing display bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 8.3 which should fix this issue.

To update Lightroom Classic to 8.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom Classic.

More detailed instructions for updating

This update includes new features and bug fixes to some of the top customer reported issues.

What’s new and fixed

Read more about the Lightroom Ecosystem May release on the Adobe Blog.

May Lightroom Releases

Please update to latest version of Lightroom Classic and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Akash Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines