• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Highlighting Problem

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Acrobat Standard DC version 2015.006.30457.  When highlighting text, whether in a scanned image I converted using Acrobat Text Recognition or a pdf I received from someone that already contains recognized text, large blocks of the page are highlighted rather than the selected text.  Often the highlighted area is in a somewhat oval shape.  The problem has begun to occur very frequently in recent months.  Prior to that, text recognition and highlighting worked well.  Is there a solution other than printing the file using Microsoft xps writer, converting to pdf and then performing text recognition. 

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Hi Edc,

Sorry for the delay in response to your initial query. If you are looking for the resolution to this problem, then you may try the following steps-

• Try installing the latest patch and update the Acrobat std. to the version 2015.006.30461 Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader  and see if that makes any difference.
  • It seems to be the trouble with only scanned PDF only, as at time running the OCR doesn't give the accurate result because of the way PDF was created initially. You may check wit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edc,

Sorry for the delay in response to your initial query. If you are looking for the resolution to this problem, then you may try the following steps-

• Try installing the latest patch and update the Acrobat std. to the version 2015.006.30461 Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader  and see if that makes any difference.
  • It seems to be the trouble with only scanned PDF only, as at time running the OCR doesn't give the accurate result because of the way PDF was created initially. You may check with a normal file that contains real text and see if the highlighting works fine. 
  • As a work around try recreating the using PDF printer, here is a link how it actually works: Using the Adobe PDF printer, Acrobat

and now open the pdf and try highlighting the document.

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our office prints a court calendar from the District Court website each morning.  We use the Print to Adobe feature, then highlight as needed. When using the Edge browser, this large oval areas are highlighted rather than just one line.  When printting the same document to Adobe using the Mozilla browser, it is not this way.  Can you shed any light on this?  Edge seems to be working for some of our government programs better than Mozilla (as Mozilla does not bring up all of the pictures/clickable fields that we work with.  Thanks for any help!

Selina Farrington

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the problem I am having in 2023 (and have been having for a very long time)--namely that I'm unable SOME of THE TIME to enjoy text highlighting that is confined to the text I am attempting to highlight. Instead, giant swaths of text are covered in the default color, often in and oval or circular fashion, but covering multiple lines of text, thus eliminating the utility of my high lighting. I usually note 1 - 2 inch vertical lines on the pdf I wish to high light before the problem occurs. Unfortunately, the suggestions here reference solutions referencing 2018 solutions. I'm hoping there's a way to try printing the doc I'm trying to highlight as a new pdf and see if I can highlight the new pdf. Unfortunately, my eyes glaze over trying to figure out what's adobe, acrobat, acrobat reader. In the meantime, this is the closest to an answer I've every seen over the long period of time I've had this problem and sought a solution. I hope it will work. : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked--I printed the pdf I had and was instantly able to use the high lighting tool as I wished. I think the suggestion to  try printing or reprinting to Adobe pdf if high lighting is not functioning on a pdf should be instantly available upon request for help. I've been trying to figure out how to deal with this for a VERY long time and nearly gave up tonight again because I couldn't even find an accurate description of the problem. I found that tonight, and though I didn't do anything with the referenced 2015 (sic) patch, printing the pdf on which high lighting wasn't working to Adobe pdf worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines