D11 for me is a complete "no go", as long as the following
1. I don't seem to get text kerning to work at all!!!
2. Many fonts don't render anti-aliased in text editor
3. Text not changed on stage while editing in text editor
4. Rotate text to say 30° and watch it on stage *sigh*
5. Standard Anti-Alias setting "Auto" leaves many fonts
completely un-aliased. (have to manually change to "subpixel
(using D11, Windows XP 32bit)
I doubt, developers will accept this text engine in its
That's no all. Try rotating an image... the same lack of anti
aliasing happens on images, but if it has a filter effect added the
effect is properly anti aliased - go figure.
** edit **
- ok, so the lesson is don't try glows when testing for
antialiasing... I set up a sprite rotation animation, and the image
and glow effect both were NOT antialiased... doesn't Flash allow
for smooth, anti-aliased image animation?... I would have expected
that sort of addition to the D11 engine.