Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

V7 Conversion Issues

Mar 25, 2008 Mar 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to run them all down. Template got nuked but I restored it.
For some reason, there is no baggage folder in the project mgr. pod. I found a broken link to a baggage file and thought maybe I just forgot to add it but when I went to find tjhe baggage folder... no seeum. The rhbag.apj file is there and looks to have all the baggage file references. So, I added the file manually, after reading about some RH6 issues (I converted fromn 5 to 7). I re-published but the file still did not copyh to the output folder. Any ideas?

Another isuse is with numbered lists; they appear in the WYSIWIG view but numbers disappear when previewed or published. This may be some funky style sheet thing but I was simply using the number tool in the format menu.

Flummozed for now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2008 Mar 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This remains a mystery, despite tinkering with the style sheet. If the style sheet is detached, the numbered list works. I do not understand how the num list shows in the WYSWIG editor but the page is not rendered with numbers. Also, when deleting the class attribute in the html view, it is automagically replaced when I switch to design view. Huh?
I read Mr. Grainge's take on RH7 style sheet changes and LI entries and whatnot but I don't see what is happening.

And no baggage folder, to boot. Grrrrrrr.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, one down. The missing numbers for the li tage was due to a corrupt style in the style cheet after the conversion. Styles are reallt diff looking in RH7; still don't quite have ahandle on what has happened across the board but we are functional for now.

As for the missing baggage folder.... that is the next mystery to solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On baggage files, you need to appreciate there are two views of Project Manager. See the icons above the pod and the extreme left icon is switch. You can either see Baggage Files in the classic way or see them in the folders where they reside.

On the numbers disappearing, try changing the style sheet. If that brings them back it will confirm that something in the style sheet has got messed up.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
On baggage files, you need to appreciate there are two views of Project Manager. See the icons above the pod and the extreme left icon is switch. You can either see Baggage Files in the classic way or see them in the folders where they reside.

On the numbers disappearing, try changing the style sheet. If that brings them back it will confirm that something in the style sheet has got messed up.

Super, thanks. That view toggle is the issue; hadn't messed with it. I am. theoretically, back to a nominal condition, post-conversion.

Back up those projects first!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp