• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot scroll metadata history

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues scrolling down to see all of the history in Photoshop - I have enabled the History Log in preferences, and the first lines show just fine, but I'm unable to scroll down to see the rest. The entire History panel as shown below is locked (I can't tab to or select any of the data either - this works fine for the Raw Data). The highlighted scrollbar just won't move. Perhaps a bug (running 20.0.1)? The same data is shown fine in the Raw Data panel (but is difficult to read/parse), and saves just fine to a text history log (but shows all history for all files, so not as useful).

Note, I've tried closing/opening PS, rebooting, using different files (this one is a newly opened file I've just done a few rectangular selections in, but it's the same for any file I try).

Any ideas? Perhaps a bug?

Note, using Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably can’t scroll because there is nothing more to view. Photoshop does not save history with the file. As soon as you close a file, the history states are cleared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is plenty more to view. The history IS saved if you select the option (you can view it, although with difficulty in the Raw Data option - it's just that it's very difficult to read from there). I've also been told by people running on a Mac that it works for them and they can scroll down (the scroll bar also gets smaller as you make more edits and it gets bigger). This isn't the history state that you normally see, it's within the File Info option (and you can also see all history in the separate log file, but that shows for everything in the one file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue using photoshop cc 2019 (photoshop version 20.01) running on windows 10 x64 version 1809.

You could report the issue over here where adobe wants users to report bugs.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue, looks like adobe never fixed this. It seems it works for mac users but not windows. From what I've found using bridge is the best work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines