2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2008 7:28 AM by Rob_4000

Text formatting problems

Rob_4000
      I have recently made a CD-ROM portfolio using Director MX 2004 on a Mac running OS X Tiger 10.4.10. The text on the CD-ROM interface is all formatted fine when viewed on a Mac running OS X Tiger and I have also tested it on a PC with no problems either. But when I run the disc on a Mac with OS X Leopard operating system the font formatting goes all out of sync.

I have tried using embedded fonts as well as non-embedded fonts but the problem still occurs.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or know how to solve it

Thanks
        • 1. Text formatting problems
          liveoak Level 1
          quote:

Originally posted by: Rob 4000
          I have tried using embedded fonts as well as non-embedded fonts but the problem still occurs.

You need to use embedded fonts, so I'd begin by exploring how you implemented them the first time. After embedding the font, did you select all of the problem texts and change them from the font installed on your system to the imbedded font?

The imbedded font has the same (or a similar) name to the font you have installed on your authoring machine, but is modified with an "*" at the end. (i.e. " Arial " for installed, " Arial* " for embedded.

• 2. Re: Text formatting problems
            Rob_4000 Level 1
            thanks for the reply
            I have double checked that the fonts are embedded and the problem still occurs. The only thing that seems to work to a degree is selecting the save as bit map option in the text window. The problem with this is that some of the text has a custom hyperlink behavior attached to it and when saved as bit map the behavior does no longer work as it needs to be live text.
            Thanks Rob