4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2008 9:51 PM by Newsgroup_User

CS3 fla conversion to MX fla

TheHumanProjekt
      Hi, hows everyone doing?
      Well, I am a student in a communications technology class, and right now we're working on Flash animation. I Currently have flash CS3 at home, and I worked on it a bit at home, but today at school, It wouldn't open to the school version of flash (MX 6) I'm just wondering if there is a way to make the CS3 fla files open in MX?

By the way, I saved the Anination in CS3 under action script 2.0
        • 1. Re: CS3 fla conversion to MX fla
          Level 7
          LevelupGAMER wrote:
          > Hi, hows everyone doing?
          > Well, I am a student in a communications technology class, and right now we're
          > working on Flash animation. I Currently have flash CS3 at home, and I worked on
          > it a bit at home, but today at school, It wouldn't open to the school version
          > of flash (MX 6) I'm just wondering if there is a way to make the CS3 fla files
          > open in MX?

no there is no way. these two versions are way too far incompatible with each other.

> By the way, I saved the Anination in CS3 under action script 2.0

This is only for export purpose, player compatibility and such. You won't be able to
          open CS3 fla in MX.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: CS3 fla conversion to MX fla
            TheHumanProjekt Level 1
            Alright, well, I saved the flash as a Flash 8 document, then used flash 8 to save it as MX 2004, and it still wont work, any ideas as to why?
            • 3. Re: CS3 fla conversion to MX fla
              Walter Elias Level 2
              Because MX 2004 is Flash 7. Now you need to find a copy of Flash MX2004 and save the FLA as Flash MX.

Tell your school your problem. It's a serious issue when students are unable to work on their projects outside of school. Your school really should upgrade to Flash CS3. Any communications technology class that is working with 7-year old technology (ancient in the software field) is suspect anyway.
              • 4. Re: CS3 fla conversion to MX fla
                Level 7
                Walter Elias wrote:
                > Because MX 2004 is Flash 7. Now you need to find a copy of Flash MX2004 and
                > save the FLA as Flash MX.
                >
                > Tell your school your problem. It's a serious issue when students are unable
                > to work on their projects outside of school. Your school really should upgrade
                > to Flash CS3. Any communications technology class that is working with 7-year
                > old technology (ancient in the software field) is suspect anyway.
                >

even down saving using so many different software won't help.
                Unless the file has nothing but timeline tween. None of the new features
                are supported in Flash MX, from components to filters and action script.
                Again, unless it's a very basic timeline animation, down saving with 5 different
                software, one version at the time, won't help. There are just too many differences
                in these applications.

--
                Best Regards

Urami

--
                "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
                If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
                </urami>