• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using FindChangeList for complete code swap

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a 224pp brochure which I need to change all the codes (literally swap them out) whats the easiest way? I have tried using FindChangeList but for some reason cannot get it to work. Any ideas?

Example layout:

The black numbers on the far right are the codes that I am trying to swap out automatically - Ive got an excel for the code swap.

Any help would be amazing.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlotter,

Can you share the exact string you use in the FindChangeList.txt file and a sample indd document, so that i can see what is happening.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have actually managed to get this to work now I am using notepad++ to edit it with.  Do you have any tips for doing large amounts of these? Can  I import them from an excel or anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use vbscript to parse your excel files and then add search strings to the FindChangeList.txt via the same code. After that you can trigger the FindChangeList script. So the steps to follow would be

1. Write a vbs to parse the input excel files, create search strings, open FindChangeList.txt and add search strings to the file. Once all the search strings are added save the file
  2. Then launch the FindChangeList script from the vbs script created in the previous script.

Hope this helps

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just brewing ideas and need some clarification. Are you changing the codes because a new code is being used now, like it used to be the old codes and now the company has updated everything to a new list of codes? Or is it something like you need 2 sets of codes because this gets sent to 2 different places who use different code systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines