Exit

Typing in caption (either 608/708 or open caption) My Computer Hang and Lagging

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, these are my laptop's specs:

Laptop model : Dell inspiron 15 7577
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2496 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Memory RAM : 4Gb + 8Gb

GPU 1 : Intel(R) HD Graphic 630

GPU 2 : Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 , 4Gb Vram

Storage : 1Tb HDD (655Gb free space)

Graphic Driver : Geforce Game Ready Driver ver. 417.22(lastest)

As I launch Premiere Pro CC 2019, it's all fine but once I add new item (Caption), I had tried both Open Caption & Caption 708, it's still fine until I type my words inside the caption. If I type it slowly like around 1 sec 2 alphabet, it runs normally but once I type it faster a bit....my display started to hang and flashing, like suddenly black screen follow by appearing again but not functioning then black screen again. It's like around 1 minute to let it runs back little normal. And also at the time of lagging I saw my task manager view of my CPU running 60% above, memory runs 70~80% and my integrated Intel HD Graphic 630 running 100% rather than my GTX1050 (1~5%). Do you guys have any idea or any solution about it? I've been searching around but no answer for me even testing the playback to Mercury playback engine GPU acceleration(CUDA) and Mercury Playback Engine software only. If it's about my insufficient RAM, please tell me. Thank ya.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not seen this in my tests with captions, and I would be tempted to treat it as a graphics driver issue. Your specs list is thorough except for the graphics drivers, and they have been a big issue for 2019.

I have seen posts where an apparent issue with Nvidia was fixed with an intel update. And the reverse. Or rolling back rather than the newest. And a clean install rather than update. Here is one post to get you started.

Re: Premiere 2019 v 13.0 crashes after 1 min

I am curious that this would show up with captions and not something else. No other text/graphics entry issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines