5 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2008 1:44 PM by DavidBPrice

AIR app won't compile with custom icons

hobbbz
      My AIr app won't compile when I choose anything but the default icons. I created 4 pngs in Photoshop and it gives me the error: Useage error (incorrect arguments)

Any help? I've tried using only 1 icon, all 4, and no icons. Only no icons works.
        • 1. Re: AIR app won't compile with custom icons
          john isaacks Level 1
          You dont have to use the GUI to set it, you can use the air appliation XML.

inside your air-app.xml file look for something like:

<icon>
          <image128x128>icons/myIcon128.png</image128x128>
          <image48x48>icons/myIcon48.png</image48x48>
          <image32x32>icons/myIcon32.png</image32x32>
          <image16x16>icons/myIcon16.png</image16x16>
          </icon>

if its not there add it, but replace the myIcon128.png with your 128 point png image etc.

also the above assumes your icons are in a folder called "icons" in the same directory as your air file.

Hope it helps.
          • 2. Re: AIR app won't compile with custom icons
            hobbbz Level 1
            I checked the XML and the correct files were referenced. they were next to my fla/swf in an icons directory.
            I got it to work by moving the icons somewhere else and then re-adding them. For some reason Flash didn't want to get any icons out of the icons directory.
            • 3. Re: AIR app won't compile with custom icons
              san_flash Level 2
              hobbbz,

When you added the custom icons, did you use the icon images dialog or edit the xml directly?

Thanks,
              San
              • 4. Re: AIR app won't compile with custom icons
                I'm having a similar problem. When I compile my AIR project I get the following error message: "Error creating air file: 303" Then it lists the icons file I used.

I have double checked all my icon path names and put my icon images in everything folder in the project folder but I still get the error. I am running a licensed version of Flex Builder 3 Version 3.0 (build 3.0.194161) as an Eclipse plugin.
                • 5. Re: AIR app won't compile with custom icons
                  DavidBPrice Level 1
                  I was getting the 303 error as well. I made two changes and it worked. I commented out the icon elements that I did not put a file name in. I'm guessing the IDE has problems with an empty tag? I also removed underscores from my icon file names (but I'm guessing that wasn't the problem).