• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Adobe Stock .ai Image with transparent background in photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem but when I try to follow the advice above the halo around the stars goes black -  ID #173047932

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Geckoz100  schrieb

Sorry, I should have clarified -- the above is a screenshot of AI, but when I removed (hid) the group to remove the gray blocks it just leaves a solid white background.  I would like to have a transparent background.

In Illustrator there is always a white canvas. In order to check whether your image is now really transparent, go to View > Transparency grid. If you now see the transparency grid, then your image is transparent.

It will stay transparent when you export it to a forma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Downloaded the second one, because I thought I made some sort of mistake in my selection. Once I removed the background layer I get black around the burst.

By @irvinec95153830

There is nothing wrong with this asset. You will need a dark background for this to work. A light source requires darkness to shine. The way these assets work, they multiply the foreground with the background. Those are complex graphics arithmetic. There is nothing wrong with assets like this, except the chequerboard ba

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion,

Hi Emma,

Sorry to hear that.

Are you using the above-mentioned file(#173047932)with Illustrator CC? Also, can you please share some screenshots of the result which you are getting so that we can further assist you?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I could not find the layer to delete to get rid of the background....can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is to open the file in Illustrator and delete the background (consisting in this nice chequerboard background)

If you do not have Illustrator, consider using the 7 day trial.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have clarified -- the above is a screenshot of AI, but when I removed (hid) the group to remove the gray blocks it just leaves a solid white background.  I would like to have a transparent background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The chequerboard usually is an element of your file. Depending on how it is build, you need to double click the data, to enter isolation mode and to be able to select the background. You can select and delete or switch off visibility. But that is a question for the Illustrator forum:Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geckoz100  schrieb

In Illustrator there is always a white canvas. In order to check whether your image is now really transparent, go to View > Transparency grid. If you now see the transparency grid, then your image is transparent.

It will stay transparent when you export it to a format that supports transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating, just used credits for a lens flare and a star burst image. Downloaded the second one, because I thought I made some sort of mistake in my selection. Once I removed the background layer I get black around the burst. Files should be delivered ready to use or at least the layer clearly marked "Hide Background." Adobe, you need to fix this. Unacceptable. I often download files to save time when on deadline. The complicated instructions for solving this issue are equally unacceptable. That should be done on Adobe's end before selling the files. You make each and every costumer trouble shoot your products, the same product over and over???!!! Why not do it once!??

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 7.31.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Downloaded the second one, because I thought I made some sort of mistake in my selection. Once I removed the background layer I get black around the burst.

By @irvinec95153830

There is nothing wrong with this asset. You will need a dark background for this to work. A light source requires darkness to shine. The way these assets work, they multiply the foreground with the background. Those are complex graphics arithmetic. There is nothing wrong with assets like this, except the chequerboard background that is commonly used to show the transparency of the foreground. You need to switch off that chequerboard, and different contributors use different methods. It should really be part of a layer on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started