This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Some Flash objects require a sprite to be present - perhaps LoadVars()
is another example of this.
I gave it a try - did not make a difference;
good idea though, thanks;
> I gave it a try - did not make a difference;
When you imported the Flash movie, did you link to its external file?
When you created the LoadVars object, did you do so "in" an instance of
the Flash movie displayed on your stage in a sprite?
That is, instead of:
lvor_lv = newObject( "LoadVars" )
did you use:
lvor_lv = sprite(flashSpriteNumber).newObject( "LoadVars" )
when I re-imported the flash.swf with Media --> Link to External File
alert "gvi_flash_num : " & gvi_flash_num -- WORKS
lvor_lv = sprite( gvi_flash_num).newObject( "loadvars" )
I was still unable to get it to work, however;
I will look into localconnections;
> lvor_lv = sprite( gvi_flash_num).newObject( "loadvars" )
Be aware that Flash is case-sensitive. You should try:
lvor_lv = sprite(gvi_flash_num).newObject( "LoadVars" )
it seems as if the .send method could be an issue;
in the script, 'send' is color coded as if it were a native Lingo method, although I do not see 'send' in the Director documentation;
also, I tried other variations of 'loadvars': 'LoadVars' and 'loadVars', but nothing;