2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 8:52 AM by whitecolor

Xcode managed provisioning profile support?

whitecolor Level 1
      Trying to use Xcode managed provisioning profile (free, valid for 7 days), and seem it doesn't supported for PG Build?

iOs build log error:

=== BUILD TARGET ... OF PROJECT ... WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===  Check dependencies
      Code Signing Error: Provisioning profile "iOS Team Provisioning Profile: ..." is Xcode managed, but signing settings require a manually managed profile.
      Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 12.1'

If now I believe no way to build using free dev profile?

• 1. Re: Xcode managed provisioning profile support?
          postersw Level 1

You should follow the instructions on PGB and create certificates (with a P12 file, using KeyChain) and provisioning  profiles that you can upload to PGB, using developer.apple.com -> certificates. Then you must upload the P12 file and the profile to PGB.

The overall process is:

1. Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) xxxx.certSigningRequest. using Keychain.

2. Use that to generate the Certificate on the developer.apple.com web site.

3. Import that certificate back into Keychain on the Mac. Then export the Public key to a P12 file using Keychain. Make sure you are using the correct certificate, or you will have problems later.

4. Create a Provisioning Profile using the Certificate from #2 on the developer.apple.com web site.

5. Download the MobileProfile file from #4.

6. Upload the MobileProfile and the P12 file to build.phonegap.com.

• 2. Re: Xcode managed provisioning profile support?
            whitecolor Level 1

Thanks, but I know how to get working cert and profile from developer.alpple .com. But it is impossible to generate it without having paid membership account.

I was asking about the support of free cert and profile that is possible to generate in Xcode.