Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intermittent Audio Sync Issues

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created 8 DVD's using the latest version of Encore CC:

• Created Video in Premiere Pro CC (Latest Version)
  • Progressive 4k video timelines
  • Exported to Media Encoder Queue as CBR using the MPEG2-DVD settings at a minimum of 6MB/S bitrate.
    • Highest Quality
    • Highest Bit Depth
  • Time Interpolation - Optical Flow

For some of the DVD's, the Audio is fine.  For some others, there are sections of the dvd (about 30 seconds max.) where the audio slips slightly out of sync, then back in sync.

Any Ideas are greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot to your PR/AME export dialogue, including the summary sections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reason to have Bit Depth checked, and I wonder if the Optical Flow is messing up the sync, no reason for that to be enabled at all. Use DEFAULTS and don't check OPTIONS unless you specifically understand what the benefits/consequences are. I see this all too often, issues that should not be issues at all, caused because the user assumed that checking every option box will somehow improve things.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of suggestions that may help.

1 - Do not go from 4k progressive straight to DVD MPEG-2. Scale down to SD in the first instance (and for this you should have max quality checked as it is supposed to give better quality scaling) using the correct setting for the TV standard you require (NTSC or PAL).

Make sure your output is set to "Scale to fit" and not "Scale to fill" as the latter may stretch the output.

2 - Do not use Optical Flow - you are not frame rate converting (are you?) so there is no need (unless you are frame rate converting, which would explain an awful lot here)

So - output to an SD AVI or an SD Quicktime ProRes (if on a mac as this option is not available for PC) in the first instance & then import the result into Encore, making sure it is correctly set to DVD in the right TV standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So - output to an SD AVI or an SD Quicktime ProRes (if on a mac as this option is not available for PC)

Adobe Pro Video Apps Now Support ProRes Export on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl  wrote

So - output to an SD AVI or an SD Quicktime ProRes (if on a mac as this option is not available for PC)

Adobe Pro Video Apps Now Support ProRes Export on Windows

Really?

How did they get around the licensing issue? This is great news - if it works!

I had better get this installed (I usually stay well clear of latest new releases until I see that nobody is having trouble with it, as I have to keep things always running so get nervous)

Thanks for this.

EDIT.

Now I am seriously baffled - my Premiere Pro CC installation is 12.something, and the CC app shows no update available.

See screenshots attached.Installed PPro version.PNG

What is wrong here please?

Yet no update mentioned.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try to log out from the CC app and then log in again. Or, log out from the CC app, restart the computer and then log in again. Or, log out and go to Download Adobe Creative Cloud app and install the latest version of the app.

I have done very limited testings of the ProRes export, but it has been flawless and fast all the times i have tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl  wrote

I would try to log out from the CC app and then log in again. Or, log out from the CC app, restart the computer and then log in again. Or, log out and go to Download Adobe Creative Cloud app and install the latest version of the app.

I have done very limited testings of the ProRes export, but it has been flawless and fast all the times i have tried.

Doesn't work.

All I get is the message in CC that my PPro is up to date on version 12.1.2

Allegedly up to date.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on Mac, do you have an updated operating system?

I'm on Win10 so I don't have a Mac link, but I think the latest PPro version requires a newer Mac operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 2019 requires win10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote earlier about don´t wanting to upgrade your OS and that´s probably the issue: Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

FYI, i have used and use Win 10 Pro since the advent of it and have had no problems with that the automatic updates render the system unusable or semi-unusable. So moving to Win 10 isn´t as dramatic and problematic as many say/write. I have used Win 10 since it was beta and i what i have had issues with is new versions of Adobe products during those years ruining a work day since i had to do trouble shooting why the export comes out bad, etc. All errors were bugs in the Adobe software, not in Win 10. With Win 10 i have had zero issues with the Win 10 upgrades. Very few restarts are needed with Win 10 compared to Win 7 and older.

Try it on a working machine for six months before you dismiss it without first hand experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl  wrote

You wrote earlier about don´t wanting to upgrade your OS and that´s probably the issue: Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

FYI, i have used and use Win 10 Pro since the advent of it and have had no problems with that the automatic updates render the system unusable or semi-unusable. So moving to Win 10 isn´t as dramatic and problematic as many say/write. I have used Win 10 since it was beta and i what i have had issues with is new versions of Adobe products during those years ruining a work day since i had to do trouble shooting why the export comes out bad, etc. All errors were bugs in the Adobe software, not in Win 10. With Win 10 i have had zero issues with the Win 10 upgrades. Very few restarts are needed with Win 10 compared to Win 7 and older.

Try it on a working machine for six months before you dismiss it without first hand experience.

It is nothing to do with no really wanting to change OS - there are 3 very good reasons:

1 - My hardware will not run on W10, and I cannot change the hardware as I need it for daily work.

2 - I feel I should not be forced into spending literally thousands of pounds - yet again - on a new rig just to run Premiere Pro when W10 for me is simply not a viable OS.

3 - My Pro Audio PC system builder company do not recommend Windows 10 - period.

I could go into details but nobody would care so there is little point wasting my and your time any further.

I just checked system requirements and known issues and I get the impression that all Adobe really care about is how well things work on bloody Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Frustrating, Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines