• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virtual copies inside "User order" are getting out of order

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Since I've updated to the latest version, every virtual copy I create inside my collection (In User Order mode) is getting out of order (it happens randomly, at any time).

It seems ok when the virtual copy is created, but a few moments later I go back and the order is totally messed up.
Anyone could help me? Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So initial troubleshooting:

1. When you notice the order is wrong, verify that you still have Sort: Custom Order set in the toolbar at the bottom:

LR sometimes decides to change it on its own.

2. Try resetting LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ . LR not infrequently soils its preferences file, and resetting often fixes a surprising range of bad behaviors in the user interface.

3. Please copy here the first ten lines from the menu command Help > System Info.

4. Have you made lots and lots of changes to user order in this collection, e.g. tens to hundreds of inserting or reordering photos and virtual copies (except at the very end)?  There's a known bug with this.  (But the information from step 3 is important in diagnosing this.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the help!
1. It's already in Custom Order

2. It didn't worked!

3 and 4.

Versão do Lightroom Classic: 8.0 [ 1193777 ]

Licenciar: Creative Cloud

Configuração de idioma: pt

Sistema operacional: Windows 10 - Business Edition

Versão: 10.0.17134

Arquitetura do aplicativo: x64

Arquitetura do sistema: x64

Contagem de processadores lógicos: 8

Velocidade do processador: 3,5 GHz

Memória interna: 20423,0 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about my last question, "Have you made lots and lots of changes to user order in this collection, e.g. tens to hundreds of inserting or reordering photos and virtual copies (except at the very end)?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i did reordered a lot of photos while editing. I've used that same workflow for years and only in the past month I face this problem. I'm sure it's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be tripping over this bug, which limits the number of times you can reorder photos in a collection: Lightroom: Issue with Custom Sort Order | Photoshop Family Customer Community . To see if that's really your issue, try the workaround described in that post:

1. Select all of the photos in the collection.

2. Do Library > Create Collection.

3. Select "Include selected photos".

4. Delete the original collection.

5. Rename the new collection to have the original's name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything. I've created others collections, catalogs, reinstalled the LR, reset de preferences, deleted de configuration folders, cache, even installed other versions of LR.

The problem continues. It's only happening in my PC. In my notebook it's working fine.

What do I do? It's been half a year and It's spoiling my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any movement on this? I have the same problem. super difficult to work around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any movement on this? I have the same problem. super difficult to work around

Please continue the discussion in the bug-report topic: Lightroom Classic: Limit of 52 reorderings in custom-ordered collections and folders | Photoshop Fam... Adobe posted in that topic they believe the bug was fixed in LR 8.3, but many still report problems.  Adobe product developers are actively participating in that topic but rarely participate in this forum, and they won't see anything you post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much will do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines