6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 9:08 AM by ppetree

Who [edit by mod] is running PGB?

ppetree Level 1

Hello?  Is anyone home?

Do you people realize that one of the reasons people pay for PGB is to have access to support?

Do you also realize that we expect things to work as documented?

To many people post questions that go unanswered. This is simply bad service.

Android build is NOT pulling from GIT as per the documentation. It's still trying to pull from NPM!

<plugin name="cordova-open-native-settings" source="git" spec="https://github.com/guyromb/Cordova-open-native-settings" />

Subproject Path: CordovaLib

"plugman-151 install --platform android --project --plugin Cordova-open-native-settings@~1.5 --nohooks=.": Fetching plugin "Cordova-open-native-settings@~1.5" via npm

Failed to fetch plugin Cordova-open-native-settings@~1.5 via registry.

Probably this is either a connection problem, or plugin spec is incorrect.

Check your connection and plugin name/version/URL.

Error: Not found : Cordova-open-native-settings

According to your own documentation located at this link: Plugins | PhoneGap Docs

In the 2nd paragraph it clearly states "Plugins can be from our repostiory, npm or from a public git repository."

Further, if you go down the section titled "Plugin Source" you see this statement "If the spec attribute is a git location then the source is defaulted to "git". Now clearly, I set the source as git and referenced a functioning git repository and CLEARLY the android build made no attempt to retrieve the plugin from the git repository.

Again, the iOS build IS working.  Clearly this is an issue on your side.  Clearly this needs to be addressed in a timely fashion.

• 1. Re: Who [edit by mod] is running PGB?
          ppetree Level 1

I see today brings us another day of stellar PGB support.  So refreshing to see a company care so much for its customers.

• 2. Re: Who [edit by mod] is running PGB?
            Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried building again? I just spun up a sample app with that plugin installed and it built just fine.

• 3. Re: Who [edit by mod] is running PGB?
              ppetree Level 1

3 hours ago and again just now.  I've tried moving the plugin to a different place in the order. I've tried deleting the line from the config.xml and retyping it.  Nada  (logs below)

I do find it interesting that in the error message it capitalizes Cordova but doesn't anywhere else... it's not capitalized in my plugin reference.

AppID: 2758889

Config.xml

<plugin name="cordova-open-native-settings" source="npm" spec="~1.5" />

<preference name="android-build-tool" value="gradle" />

<preference name="phonegap-version" value="cli-7.1.0" />

Build Date: 2018-12-06 21:47:38 +0000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREPARE OUTPUT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generating platform-specific config.xml from defaults for android at /res/xml/config.xml

Merging project's config.xml into platform-specific android config.xml

Merging and updating files from [www, ../platform_www] to ../assets/www

copy  www/about.html ../assets/www/about.html (new file)

copy  www/alerts.html ../assets/www/alerts.html (new file)

copy  www/bwerp.wav ../assets/www/bwerp.wav (new file)

[snip]

Wrote out android application name "Tapxxxx" to /res/values/strings.xml

Wrote out Android package name "com.tapxxxx.mobile.android" to /src/com/tapxxxx/mobile/android/Tapxxxx.java

Updating icons at ../res

copy  package-assets/Icon-72.png ../res/mipmap-hdpi/icon.png (new file)

copy  package-assets/ldpi.png ../res/mipmap-ldpi/icon.png (new file)

copy  package-assets/mdpi.png ../res/mipmap-mdpi/icon.png (new file)

copy  package-assets/xhdpi.png ../res/mipmap-xhdpi/icon.png (new file)

copy  package-assets/Icon-72@2x.png ../res/mipmap-xxhdpi/icon.png (new file)

Updating splash screens at ../res

copy  package-assets/splash_640_480.png ../res/drawable-hdpi/screen.png (new file)

copy  package-assets/splash_426_320.png ../res/drawable-ldpi/screen.png (new file)

copy  package-assets/splash_470_320.png ../res/drawable-mdpi/screen.png (new file)

copy  package-assets/splash_960_720.png ../res/drawable-xhdpi/screen.png (new file)

Updating resource files at ..

copy  package-assets/bwerp.wav ../app/src/main/res/raw/bwerp.wav (new file)

copy  package-assets/eas.wav ../app/src/main/res/raw/eas.wav (new file)

copy  google-services.json ../google-services.json (new file)

Prepared android project successfully

PLUGIN OUTPUT

Fetching plugin "cordova-plugin-splashscreen@^5.0.2" via npm

Installing "cordova-plugin-splashscreen" at "5.0.2" for android

Fetching plugin "cordova-plugin-statusbar@2.4.2" via npm

Installing "cordova-plugin-statusbar" at "2.4.2" for android

Fetching plugin "cordova-plugin-geolocation@4.0.1" via npm

Installing "cordova-plugin-geolocation" at "4.0.1" for android

Fetching plugin "cordova-plugin-network-information@2.0.1" via npm

Installing "cordova-plugin-network-information" at "2.0.1" for android

Fetching plugin "cordova-open-native-settings@~1.5" via npm

Installing "cordova-open-native-settings" at "1.5.2" for android

Fetching plugin "cordova-plugin-vibration@3.1.0" via npm

Installing "cordova-plugin-vibration" at "3.1.0" for android

Fetching plugin "cordova-plugin-device@2.0.2" via npm

Installing "cordova-plugin-device" at "2.0.2" for android

Fetching plugin "com.peerio.cordova.plugin.carrier@~1.0" via npm

Installing "com.peerio.cordova.plugin.carrier" at "1.0.1" for android

Fetching plugin "call-number1@1.0.4" via npm

Installing "call-number1" at "1.0.4" for android

Fetching plugin "cordova-plugin-email-composer@~0.8.15" via npm

Installing "cordova-plugin-email-composer" at "0.8.15" for android

Subproject Path: CordovaLib

"plugman-151 install --platform android --project  --plugin Cordova-open-native-settings@~1.5 --nohooks=.": Fetching plugin "Cordova-open-native-settings@~1.5" via npm

Failed to fetch plugin Cordova-open-native-settings@~1.5 via registry.

Probably this is either a connection problem, or plugin spec is incorrect.

Check your connection and plugin name/version/URL.

Error: Not found : Cordova-open-native-settings

• 4. Re: Who [edit by mod] is running PGB?
                ppetree Level 1

Day 3 and no answers.... remind me again why I'm paying you guys?

• 5. Re: Who [edit by mod] is running PGB?
                  Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

Would mind posting your ENTIRE config.xml file (sans identifying information)? I again just built a base app with that plugin included. Reading over the log, it appears that the plugin is begin referenced twice?

• 6. Re: Who [edit by mod] is running PGB?
                    ppetree Level 1

First, you were right. Thank you.

Second, where did you look to find that in the log file.

Third, that error message is misleading and wasted a lot of time! This is the kind of sloppy programming I see on the cordova side that scares the hell out of me (and why we're eventually moving to Flutter).

Fourth, I'm already checking versioning control because someone is gonna get their a$$ chewed big time.  This product was building before thanksgiving and is missing one small feature and has 7 remaining bugs on close down (which we hoped to have done by today and now we're another week away!).