• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create an Analog Clock Screensaver

Participant ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for the best way to Create an Analog Clock Screensaver or desktop wallpaper.

I need it to be able to work across platforms the only thing I have found online is how to do it with Flash.

So I thought here would be the best place to ask.

Are there companies offing a service like this  and is flash the only way to do this appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction

It's a commercial job and needs to work on Unix mac os and windows.

I have commissions a stunning illustration and have been able to animate the hands of the clock for a video in AE   now I have been asked if it can become wallpaper or screen saver but as an actual working clock/timepiece.

Appreciate any insights 

Graeme

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Hi.

Basically:

- You're gonna create an AIR for Desktop application using AS3;

- Search for an online tutorial of how to code an analog clock;

- Publish your project as an .exe (Windows) and .app (Mac);

- Then set the output as your screensaver.

- In Windows, an easy way of doing this is to rename the .exe extension to .scr.

Please have a look at this answer:

screensaver - Can I create Windows screen saver with Adobe AIR? - Stack Overflow

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Basically:

- You're gonna create an AIR for Desktop application using AS3;

- Search for an online tutorial of how to code an analog clock;

- Publish your project as an .exe (Windows) and .app (Mac);

- Then set the output as your screensaver.

- In Windows, an easy way of doing this is to rename the .exe extension to .scr.

Please have a look at this answer:

screensaver - Can I create Windows screen saver with Adobe AIR? - Stack Overflow

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You  I will brush the cobwebs of  my old Flash skills and have a go  I found a tutorial   using AS3  and will have a go

Kind regards

Graeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JoĆ£oCĆ©sar  Thank you for instructions   surprisingly I was able to generate   a working  Fla and  export  via  Air  for desktop  and  got a working result

Success for a personal effort  but seeing  the various elements involved   in generating the final installers    I am probably  going to  have to provide a range of screen sizes  and  for mac, windows and Unix  As this is a commercial project  I don't  think I have the knowledge resources to create and test all the different installers   to ensure what is delivered is up to  my clients expectations.  Can you or anyone recommend the best place to find a freelancer to complete this task?

Kind regards 

Graeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Graeme!

I'm glad you succeeded in getting a working result!

About the freelancers... You can try sending a private message to one of the APCs in this forum. You can of course PM me as well.

Also, I think you may be able to find someone in some LinkedIn or Facebook group geared towards Animate CC/Flash/ActionScript stuff.

There are famous freelancers websites like Upwork, Freelancer.com, and so on.

These are just my ideas. Maybe someone here will have better recommendations for you.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines