• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 first thumbnail

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that utilizes Captivate 2017. When she publishes to HTML5, the filmstrip shows the first slide correctly but the preview before pressing play the slide is blank. Is there a way to fix this?

As a reference only, Youtube refers to this as the thumbnail

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Thumbnail is something different, it is a smaller version of the splash screen, or poster image (those are the terms mostly used).

The reason is that for HTML output, since CP2017, second version, the AutoPlay is disabled. Have a look at:

Poster Image - AutoPlay - Captivate blog

You will read that at least one issue is solved in CP2019: no longer necessary to hide the blue rectangle for the Play icon if you use a custom image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project Preferences, there is a section for start and end.

Place the desired image in the Auto Play section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I will try this with my user. Was seeing a blank thumbnail to be expected if the above options were left untouched?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbnail is something different, it is a smaller version of the splash screen, or poster image (those are the terms mostly used).

The reason is that for HTML output, since CP2017, second version, the AutoPlay is disabled. Have a look at:

Poster Image - AutoPlay - Captivate blog

You will read that at least one issue is solved in CP2019: no longer necessary to hide the blue rectangle for the Play icon if you use a custom image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ken, I had made a video tutorial one year ago for this with Captivate 2017, I hope it will be helpful.

[embed]https://elearning.adobe.com/2017/09/customize-splash-screen-poster-image-customers-mobile-tablet-lea...

You can also read this written tutorial.

https://elearning.adobe.com/2017/11/make-responsive-splash-screen-poster-image-several-pictures/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first video link  above doesn't lead to the right page. I don't know why. So here is the right link.

https://elearning.adobe.com/2017/09/customize-splash-screen-poster-image-customers-mobile-tablet-lea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri​ and @jm jullien I really appreciate the info. Its exactly what I needed to help my user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slight problem though. The posts mention mobile formats, but this happens on pc aswell. I have multiple users with Captivate 2017 and they don't have this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have overlooked that the first version of CP2017 did NOT have AutoPlay deactivated, that happened with the second version; for desktop browsers. AutoPlay was always deavtivated for mobile browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. My user seems to be on patch 1 (10.0.1.285) compared to others on release (10.0.0.192).

Until we upgrade, Shes requesting that I roll her back to release. She doesn't want to have make the manual edits if her counterparts don't and when setting the splashscreen, the image is dulled and a play button is forced. She doesn't the need the middle play button as there is a navbar at the bottom.

Does Adobe have a site for previous builds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The poster image is dimmed at 80% alpha, but you can edit that in the files. I explained clearly in my blog post how to get rid of the play button. Maybe some reading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, thanks. I see the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources